Corsair Community

Latest ICUE System Hub Firmware

My system hub has just updated to the latest firmware 2.4.438 and now it does not detect one of the QX140 fans so no LED lighting. Has been working fine until now and there appears to be no way to manually add the fan. The fan appears in Icue as far as the speed and temp goes just the Icue link system hub has lost it. Anyone else had this issue?

Hello

i have the same problème.

7 QX120 but only 3 Fan with LED lighting.

the watercooling also no longer turns on.

when I stop the ICUE software all the fans light up.

• Like 1

Go to the connected Link Hub device in CUE and run the setup Wizard again.  See if it will detect it through normal means.  If it does not, shutdown the PC and flip your PSU off.  Hold down the case power button for 10 seconds to drain any residual power.  Then flip the PSU back on and start normally.  This should trigger all devices to check their connections again.  

2 hours ago, Moha91 said:

when I stop the ICUE software all the fans light up.

Make sure all fans are selected in the Lighting Effects tab for the chosen pattern.

2 hours ago, Moha91 said:

the watercooling also no longer turns on.

What water cooling device?

I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM!

Just reinstall iCUE, no need to delete user settings. Just uninstall and reinstall, keep user settings and it should work.

Hope it works for you too!

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee

Sorry to any who are experiencing this, we're investigating why this happens but a reinstall is fastest solution for this issue currently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same. Really don't want to delete all all the settings. Can't the previous firmware that worked be made available for download?

Edited by Ronin151

• Corsair Employee
47 minutes ago, Ronin151 said:

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same. Really don't want to delete all all the settings. Can't the previous firmware that worked be made available for download?

If you're still having issues after a normal reinstall you'll want to do a clean reinstall to clear the registry files, sorry! You can use  a program like Revo Uninstaller if you're uncertain how to do that.  Make sure to export your profiles to save your settings, you can re-import them back in after you reinstall iCUE.

image.png.42a791e462d9028dc8c47515e5338131.pngimage.png.c1fbf4a823bdd9aae08285645344690e.png

Same issue

10x QX120 but 2 of them don't show up in the lightning programming anymore.
Note: They do show up in cooling and work properly there.

Already reinstalled iCUE and everything.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-23 at 18.19.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-23 at 18.19.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-23 at 18.19.54.jpeg

• Corsair Employee
8 hours ago, Ronin151 said:

You can contact the support team and they'll provide the v1.8 firmware. As a heads up, if you add any new hardware to your LINK system in the future, we add support for those new/unreleased devices via firmware ID, so you'll need to be running the newest firmware version. 

Believe you have to delete your settings for the reinstallation to fix the issue. If you change your mind, SW20 also provided instructions on how to back up your settings to minimize how annoying this is here: 

We get it that having to reinstall iCUE is unideal and was not a decision that the team made lightly, hence running a beta and delaying the deployment of this 6 weeks, but this is something we have to do to improve the foundation (device architecture) that we're building on for LINK and really deliver as flexible of a build process as we can. 

• Corsair Employee
6 hours ago, Dwaelle said:

Same issue

10x QX120 but 2 of them don't show up in the lightning programming anymore.
Note: They do show up in cooling and work properly there.

Already reinstalled iCUE and everything.

Did you delete your settings when you reinstalled? It doesn't fix the issue if you keep your settings between the reinstallation. I would suggest following SW20's instructions on how to backup your settings, make sure your profiles are backed up, and do the installation deleting the settings and/or using RevoUninstaller (free) to clear out any old stuff. 

If you still have issues, I'd suggest opening up a support ticket so our team can help troubleshoot one on one and provide any older firmwares as necessary. 

Same problem here with 3 of 9 QX120

Same problem here with 3 of 9 QX120.

I uninstall completly the ICUE software (remove all data) Reinstall and it's working again.

Can confirm that normal deinstallation did not work. All userdata needed to be purged.

For me, some fans also did not light up after the update. Searching new devices found nothing. The fans still provided sensor data and fan speed could be set. Its like the software still knew the fans where there to a degree but could not set the lighting anymore.

Now for the tedious task of setting everything up again.

I certainly learned my lesson of buying into a closed eco-system. Being able to daisychain fans together seemed such a cool feature to get rid of the cable clutter found with other solutions. This incident makes it painfully obvious that if something goes wrong with ICue, your whole setup is bust. Its not like replacing your AOI, Memory and Fans is really a viable option at this point. Thank corsair for teaching me a valuable lesson.

Same issue.

Only 2 of 3 QX120 works with the latest firmware!

屏幕截图 2024-04-24 215905.png

屏幕截图 2024-04-24 215844.png

屏幕截图 2024-04-24 215808.png

I have the same issue. 2 out of 7 fans LED no longer lights up. When you start the computer the fans all light up. When I enter my password and login the 2 fans that were on are now off. When I open icue link software it only reads 5 out of the 7 fans. The fans are visible in temperature control but not picked up by the rest of the software so I can't change lighting. I attempted to purge residual power from the computer and start it again but the issue still persisted. I forced updated everything. I unplugged and replugged the fans. Nothing works to get those two fans to light up. All this happened after the firmware update. It was an immediate change. 

I had the same issue after updating. even though I told myself I wasn't going to.  Out of 10 fans 4 weren't working after the update.  They worked once I closed ICUE but would not work once ICUE started.  Shutting down and unplugging my computer did not work.   I uninstalled and reinstalled ICUE in 5 minutes or so and everything appears to be back to normal again.    

Thank god I read this thread before I did the upgrade, I guess I'll skip it !