Corsair Community

QX120 making a terrible noise

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hi all,
I made my build using the new Corsair Link system, specifically 7x QX120 + iCUE Link H150i RGB.

About a week ago, all of a sudden, one of the QXs mounted on the radiator started making a very loud noise, and looking at it you could see that it seemed to shake while spinning, as if its axis was not perfectly centered and it also looked slowed down compared to the rpm number i had on screen.

I set it to the lowest possible speed (silent profile) which should be 0 rpm and the problem was "solved" temporarily.

Today, a second fan, communicating with the problematic one, started doing the same thing, it is still another radiator fan.

What should I do?

Please don't tell me I have to send back the whole radiator because that for me would mean not to be able to use the pc, and I really need it to work every night and day.

• Solution

Contact Corsair Support.  Assuming these are bad bearings on the QX, they will send you new fans.  Ask for the Advanced RMA.  This is where they ship you new parts on a credit card hold.  You get the new gear, swap it out and send it back.  Credit Card hold released.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Contact Corsair Support.  Assuming these are bad bearings on the QX, they will send you new fans.  Ask for the Advanced RMA.  This is where they ship you new parts on a credit card hold.  You get the new gear, swap it out and send it back.  Credit Card hold released.  

Omg, didn't know it was an option. It's exactly what i needed! Thank you so much!