Corsair Community

virtuoso headset will not charge.

Alcasczar

I've done everything,   I've performed the hold mute button trick to try and reset the device but still will not charge at all.  I have a duplicate pair bought at the same time and they are working fine but for some reason this other pair is a lemon, What can i do?   its been about 3 y ears I think

I was curious if the USB receiver was flashing red on it? You might be able to use a different USB C charger to see if you can jump the battery out of limp mode. But 3 years is a good life for a battery. I just wished they made them easy to replace like other brands do.

Thanks for your reply,  the headset is still flashing red,   I will try another cable ,    I am pretty sure I tried that though just do not recall when but will try it again just in case Im losing it 😄  

New cable did not correct the issue,   is there a way to get a new battery and install it?  I'd rather not trash a $200 headset if it's only a batter which should be replaceable. 

So I did some google searching for replacing the battery and holy moly,    once you get the right battery then you have to open the thing up and solder the wires together.    Well I can safely say  Corsair you really dropped the ball on this.     $200 headset and you're SOL if you can't solder wires together.     

Yeah, it kind of sucks to spend that much. Then not be able to fix anything on them but some ear pads. I like the other design where you have one in and the other battery charges. Or even the other brand that just has the battery with a connector.

I found a site that has battery replacements,  Mine is a virtuoso SE,  bought in 2019.  

Any idea if this will work:   

CS Replacement Battery Part Kit for Corsair HS65 3.7v 350mAh Gaming He (centralsound.co)

I cant use support cause they ask for SN and model number and it's too small to read for me when I take the one cuff off to expose it.   

Well looks like corsair is dead .    I'm going to go ahead and get the replacement,  if it doesn't work this will probably be the last corsair audio device I ever buy.

Ordered the replacement part from Central Sound,   for my CS Virtuoso that would not charge.

CentralSound Replacement Battery for Corsair Gaming Headsets 1500mAh 3

It works and now my headset can be charged and holds a charge like it was brand new.   No soldering required.  Glad I didn't have to scrap these and pay 80+ for something different.  

That is awesome news. I will bookmark this for later on. Good find on that. You would honestly think Corsair would sell them for the out-of-warranty customers.