Corsair Community

iCUE updates might be making my fans Ramp

Having some frustration as I am having ramping issues with my corsair fans. I am using 3 Corsair LL120mm to cool my AIO that are connected through a command center, then I have 6 QL 120 mm Corsair fans. These all sit in a Lian Li 011 (shocker, I know) and until recently have not had any issue. The computer is nearly 2 1/2 years old since my build. When I first build it I installed the iCUE application. The first year I had no issue, then I took an update in iCUE and BAM my fans were much louder and throttling every time I would open up a web browser or any app. Almost like anything other than running nothing was causing a jet engine to ignite. About 4 months ago iCUE had another update and this went away. The PC was at good temps and even running some demanding games (APEX, CoD, Elden) the PC would remain very quite and have excellent temps for both CPU and GPU. The baseline was so quite. Unfortunately, the last update iCUE had seems to have caused this to revert. I say this because right after the update my computer sounded like it was going to fly away. I now throttle anytime I open anything and with 9 fans you can imagine how loud that can be. I went into the bios and set custom curves a tad more extreme than quite mode. I have also set any fans iCUE would allowed me to control to quite (6/9 fans). Still ramping. 

At the time of writing this, the only thing open on my PC is this browser and I see my fans ramp between 900-1300. God forbid I game or it jumps past 1600 to where you can hear it with headphones. Every new tab I open starts a 40 second jet fest. 

Has anyone heard of the iCUE application updates causing this? if so what can I do. I seem to only be able to control 6 of 9 fans on the app. Throttling is driving me mad. I have opened a ticket but no response. 

...SEND HELP...

By "Command Center" do you mean a Commander Pro? Or a Commander Core? Or something else entirely? And what AIO are we looking at here?
If so, do you have any splitters in the mix? or any PWM hubs?

From what you are describing, it sounds like previously the control source for the fan speeds was (maybe?) the cooler and now it is the CPU package. You do want to have the control source for fan speeds to be the coolant temp or, at the very least, some near approximation of that - at least for the fans on the cooler. For the other fans (airflow fans), using the case temp is a good control source for the fan speeds.
Consider this - when you have an AIO, the fans aren't cooling the CPU - at least not directly. Instead, they are cooling the coolant that flows through the radiator. That coolant will heat up (and cool down) much slower than the CPU. And CPU temps jump around *a lot*. Your airflow fans also aren't cooling the CPU - they are there to cool the air inside the case. The CPU won't be putting heat directly into the case either - it's going into the liquid. Your GPU, however, is likely pushing very hot air into the case. Keeping that air flowing through the case and keeping the inside of the case cool(er) is the job of the airflow fans ... so, again, base this on the air temp inside the case, if possible.
If it's a Corsair AIO, the default mode is to cool based on the coolant temperature. That's what all of the built-in temp curves use. If you changes that to a custom curve, make sure that  your sensor (and curve) is set appropriately. If you have a non-Corsair AIO, they may do this also ... or not. Hard to say since we don't know what cooler you are using.
For airflow temps, use a temp sensor from your Commander. Without knowing with Commander unit you have, I can't be any more specific than that.

ThroughTheTrees

I am having the same issue's since the icue update and swicthing to the new Ilink QX fans and Aio???

My fans ramp up no matter what curve I use, even if my rig is at idle they just start to ramp up for a few seconds and then go back to normal. 

Also on my Ilink 420mm aio, my number 2 fan which is on the aio, spins at a higher rpm then all, a total of 12 QX fans. 

Another issue is the lcd screen for the aio too, it always shows that my cpu package temp is 15 to 20 degrees c higher then what my asus mobo say, so if my q-code on my mobo will say 32 at idle, the corsair aio shows 45C at idle???

I cant figure this stuff out, with my old corsair aio really never had temp issues, did have to rma a few of them because of the pump going out, but temps were always ok and fans too?

I all ready opened a ticket, still waiting to hear back from them?

Screenshot (42).png