Corsair Community

ICUE fan curve is not working anymore after the last update

Go to solution Solved by Psychedelicu,

18 hours ago, Oceyho190 said:

Corsair makes damn 50 dollar fans now, but cant be bothered to make the proper Software with it. Too bad u can't sue for stuff like this.

What a joke.

I have a feeling that Corsair probably doesnt even write their own software and their slaves to some 3rd party who don't know know what they're doing/don't care because they're already getting paid, which just makes them look useless.

If on the other hand they do write the iCue software, ever heard of testing Corsair?

I'm having the same issue.  I have corsair branded fans and CPU watercooler.  For about an hour my i9 was running at 90deg.  Not cool.  Luckily I have my lights reflecting CPU and GPU temp so I noticed it within hours rather than days, but this update is going to FRY people's components.  WTF?  Custom cooling presets don't work regardless of what component is selected. 

In the meantime I have set everything to "balanced", but obviously for noise and performance a custom cooling preset is preferred. 

Another fun thing about this is I tried uninstall/reinstall, then I did a full clean uninstall/reinstall.  Each time I do this I have to reset all the 3 individual USB connections for my corsair headset, keyboard, and mouse so I can get the highest polling rate.  So annoying and such a waste of time.  How do updates like this get past QC???

Thanks guys for reporting this, I thought I must be crazy. I was rendering a 4K UHD Movie luckily my CPU temp only went up slightly beyond 90° when I also noticed that my Fan's were not spinning. Ryzen CPU temp showed the correct temp, but iCue deemed it correct not to ramp up the fan speed.

Workaround in my case: I can use one of the Gigabyte temp sensors that mirrors the CPU temp (I have an Aorus xtreme):

spacer.png

If you have one of those, try to use it instead. How come such a major bug was rolled out is really beyond me.

Increible que para solucionar este problema esten tardando tanto. Creo que no hay ningun interés por arreglarlo. Que decepción Corsair

It is incredible that it is taking so long to solve this problem. I think there is no interest in fixing it. What a disappointment Corsair

21 hours ago, Psychedelicu said:

They fixed the software with the latest update. Finally....

Wierd. At least not for me. Or maybe they have broken something again. 

After a recent update (5.8.130) a few days ago - the default fan presets (Quite, balanced, etc.) stopped working correctly - whatever I select the fans runs at maximum speed. But if a add a custom curve - they start working fine. This is ridiculus - at first custom curves got broken, then it seems they fixed the custom curves, but broke the defailt ones. O_o

On 11/14/2023 at 1:17 AM, Slegnor said:

I;ve updated but my custom cirves still dont work, spotted my CPU hit 95c during a heavy workload as my fans sat doing ******** all at 700rpm

Tech support suggested me a clean re-installation of iCue. I waited for a week to get this genius reply. 🙂

On 10/23/2023 at 8:02 PM, Corsair Raven said:

Hello all, this issue has been reported and is currently being investigated. Once I have an update I will be sure to share! 

In the meantime, feel free to bring any tickets or ticket numbers to me. 

Why bring tickets to you?  You're a Corsair employee,  absolute pathetic customer service.  I've opened numerous tickets on the Corsair support website, wait time is ridiculous, help is non existent, tickets disappear for no reason and now i suddenly can no longer sign in.  Trying to reset password leds to "account not found."    Even tried "Twitter" for support, was talking to a JG,  he asked for my email address, i gave it to him and then suddenly the replies there stopped.   Absolutely disgusting the way you treat your customers  

I'm pretty sure this issue has killed a 7950x, I had recently install all new fans, and CPU cooler, the new Corsair link, qx120 case fans and the Link h150i 360mm cooler, worked perfect for less than 24 hours, then while playing World of Warcraft, i noticed a flashing warning sign on the LCD, and i immediately shut it off, the fans were super quiet just before it happened, when touched my case, it was EXTREMELY hot, not just warm to the touch. I wait about 45 minutes for everything to cool down to a reasonable temperature. when i restarted the pc, the fans were going full blast, and my Crosshair x670e Hero would hit 15 on the qled and then instant C5 memory error code, I tried all the combinations of ram 1 stick in every slot, nothing, I tried the memory i had in previous to upgrading, and again, nothing, I checked, thermal paste coverage, i checked for bent pins, i checked all power connections, and nothing was out of the ordinary, I ordered a new 7950x on Amazon yesterday,, got home from work and installed it, and sure as ****, my PC works again. 

That being said, it almost killed another one, my fans were stuck on super low and i was keeping an eye on temps, I went and messed with the Icue, and found where i can link the fans to the cooler, and now temps are normal and I can actually hear the fans, and the case is ever so slightly warm to the touch. I should also note that all during the process of trying to figure out the C5 error and once I installed the new CPU, when i hit the power button the fans would initially spin up with no RBG, but then as soon as it  started to boot, the fans would stop, even the CPU cooler fans, and not start again. I ended up swapping out the Link controller for another that came with the 3 packs of QX120 and now the fans start up properly. Seems like not only is th software glitch but the controller as well.

So lets break this down, 

Link h150i RBG cooler, - 239.99

Link RBG cooler LCD screen - 99.99

2 3 packs QX120 - 318.98

1 QX120 49.99

1 pack 135mm link cables - 19-99

and it ends up killing my 7950x because of a software glitch, so now I have to try and RMA a $600 cpu in hopes they replace it. 

as much as i love this new line, the moment it even seems sketchy I'm returning it. For the first time ever I'm 2nd guessing Corsair as my go to for cooling. 

3 hours ago, Creepindeath said:

I'm pretty sure this issue has killed a 7950x, I had recently install all new fans, and CPU cooler, the new Corsair link, qx120 case fans and the Link h150i 360mm cooler, worked perfect for less than 24 hours, then while playing World of Warcraft, i noticed a flashing warning sign on the LCD, and i immediately shut it off, the fans were super quiet just before it happened, when touched my case, it was EXTREMELY hot, not just warm to the touch. I wait about 45 minutes for everything to cool down to a reasonable temperature. when i restarted the pc, the fans were going full blast, and my Crosshair x670e Hero would hit 15 on the qled and then instant C5 memory error code, I tried all the combinations of ram 1 stick in every slot, nothing, I tried the memory i had in previous to upgrading, and again, nothing, I checked, thermal paste coverage, i checked for bent pins, i checked all power connections, and nothing was out of the ordinary, I ordered a new 7950x on Amazon yesterday,, got home from work and installed it, and sure as ****, my PC works again. 

That being said, it almost killed another one, my fans were stuck on super low and i was keeping an eye on temps, I went and messed with the Icue, and found where i can link the fans to the cooler, and now temps are normal and I can actually hear the fans, and the case is ever so slightly warm to the touch. I should also note that all during the process of trying to figure out the C5 error and once I installed the new CPU, when i hit the power button the fans would initially spin up with no RBG, but then as soon as it  started to boot, the fans would stop, even the CPU cooler fans, and not start again. I ended up swapping out the Link controller for another that came with the 3 packs of QX120 and now the fans start up properly. Seems like not only is th software glitch but the controller as well.

So lets break this down, 

Link h150i RBG cooler, - 239.99

Link RBG cooler LCD screen - 99.99

2 3 packs QX120 - 318.98

1 QX120 49.99

1 pack 135mm link cables - 19-99

and it ends up killing my 7950x because of a software glitch, so now I have to try and RMA a $600 cpu in hopes they replace it. 

as much as i love this new line, the moment it even seems sketchy I'm returning it. For the first time ever I'm 2nd guessing Corsair as my go to for cooling. 

I will never trust or use Corsair again.  Too many issues over the past few years all of which i've pinpointed to the use of iCue.  The customer service is less than useful. At one point i was told "unfortunately, the product is long time out of warranty so we can't help"  when doing an RMA on a product that had been on the market for only 1 month when purchased and had developed a fault after 3 months of ownership and having a TWO year warranty.   In my opinion Corsair are getting lazy and simply don't care about their customers anymore 

Corsair, why is your cooling still broken? Please fix it!

My custom fan profile curves on my H115i Elite aren't working, and my CPU is at thermal limits. My CPU is frying!

Corsair iCUE v5.8.130, H115i ELITE 5.8.130, Commander PRO 5.8.130, Vengeance RGB PRO 5.8.130. Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 23590.

Edited by Jacob Klein

Reminds me when i first got an Ax860i and all the coolness that came with having one of the first digital PSU, being able to track the wattage in and out, monitor temps, until Corsairs **** software started tripping the OCP and shutting down all to have to reset the power supply in order to boot up, But the nice thing about back then i could opt out of using the software in order to be able to actually use the super pricey PSU. (side note, that was bought in 2012, and is still working) 

That being said,, now were at a point where we can't just opt out of using the software. Everything literally requires you to use.  If you are going to make us that reliant on a piece of software then it should be capable of not damaging our hardware. For as much as we pay for our hardware and the premium price we pay for corsair products this is unacceptable.

Is there a way to make a claim, I feel like Corsair owes me a 7950x. I'm not sure if AMD will warranty my cpu because  of it being a software cooling issue. I built this thing in February, I should not under any circumstances  have to replace a CPU after 6 months at no fault of mine. and to be honest, it's not AMD's fault either. 

This started happening to me out of the blue this morning. Discovered after much hunting that my Custom GPU profile was no longer set to my Radeon card temp but to my Ryzen CPU package. Switched it back and now it (seems) to be back to normal.

Hope this helps

A relatively recent software update fixed it. Then, a more recent software update seems to have broken it again...I seriously don't understand how they can keep pushing out broken updates that literally break features they offer. I will be slowly moving away from Corsair products at tis point. RGB software issues is one thing, but not properly ramping up to increase cooling is another...thanks for nothing Corsair. Yor ecosystem has been nothing but a pain the entire time I've used any of it.

Support told me to write here and get help here. To be clear: Corsair support ticket via E-Mail told me they cant help me and redirect me to this sub.

holy......

I´m back on 4.33 and it works now again. I will remain with this version, dont want to kill my hardware for version 5 that brings what? feature and benefits vs. version 4? I dont know.

Fan controller that cant control fans...what a shame !!!!!!!!

433.138 is 100% stable i have the 1000D and use the commander pro to control all my fans version 5 is broken period after some update cant remember wich one they did fixed it but maybe then they notice that and broken it again, any one with problem just downlad 433.138 full install and its 100%

• 2 weeks later...