Corsair Community

No way to configure Scimitar Wireless Elite in iCue

netparrot

I decided to replace my aging wired Scimitar with the new wireless option, so I ordered it. Got it! Then I hooked it all up, and ...

Disappointing. Apparently, the product went to market before iCue received an update to recognize the wireless USB receiver or the mouse itself. iCue acknowledges it is detected, and ... that's it. You can't see or change anything. 

I don't want to return it - it kinda-sorta works on Bluetooth mode uses the existing wired settings, but you can't configure it, and it won't show up in iCue, so you can't turn off the RGB, etc.

Corsair, this is product management 101: this could not have possibly met the Minimally Viable Product requirements for launch when it went on sale through your own website and retailers like Amazon. When can we expect the iCue updates to support this?

What version of CUE are you currently using?

• 1 month later...

I bought mine 4 days ago. I get the mouse and the receiver to show up in ICUE.

However, I can´t get my side panel to work. No lighting on the side panel.  It does not react at all.

Can´t find any drivers to download seperately from ICUE.

Any solutions?

• 4 months later...

not to resurrect this thread but I just finally bought myself a wireless scimitar and I was a little confused by the setup, admittedly I didnt read any instructions.  It took like a second time connecting the USB C for some reason for icue 5 latest to grab the mouse and install it, as well as the slipstream dongle which I think may have been what happened to you - it didnt show up for me in any reasonable timeframe until the second time I plugged it in.

Then its a bit confusing but to pair it, you may need to reseat both connections after disconnecting in order to start pairing process but you also need to have the bottom switch over to the slipstream non bluetooth mode.  at least on screen, I didn't notice any mention of this requirement (although ofc that's how it would work).

I am also extremely pleased to see this works in wireless mode with the SDK for the M keys so they can emit off keyboard keys which is the only reason I wanted it.  I took a gamble and I am very happy and will buy another for work.  There's some nice subtle revisions to the form factor but the only downside I see is not having the two buttons behind the scroll wheel, I used to use them for scroll up 7x and scroll down 7x, so now I am going to have to lose the up 7x but I guess I used that a little less anyways.