Corsair Community

iCUE v5.2.128 Release Notes

Technobeard

• Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • The iCUE plugin for Stream Deck has been vastly improved. Users can now populate their Stream Deck keys to display any available sensor from the Dashboard. In addition, users will be able to toggle different cooling settings for their DIY devices, change the active Mural effect with a single button, and more
  • iCUE-compatible motherboards and GPUs are now supported in Murals
  • Users will now be able to choose different layout sizes (4:3 or 16:9) for Murals
  • CPUID SDK has been updated
  • Improved the stepping (1%) and the zoom range (1-200%) for the media editor when customizing an image for iCUE NEXUS, Profile Icons, Profile Backgrounds, Screen Settings (Elite LCD), and custom images/videos for Murals
  • Long device names in Murals will no longer overlap the Hide Device button
  • Unplugging a device will no longer reset the Murals layout(s)
  • iCUE longer will no longer prevent an installation if the Portuguese language is selected

View full version

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CPUID SDK updated = thank you, ICUE can finally see the Hotspot temperature for 40-series NVIDIA GPU's.

Will this support my MSI z490 Unify motherboard in murals too? 

I'm hoping the MSI plugin is more stable than it is with 4.33.138.  I'm constantly having to toggle plugins or restart iCue to get control again.  My MSI board lights just stop changing along with my profile after a while.  Earlier versions seemed to work better with my motherboard, but only recent 4.x versions seem to work properly with Philips Hue Hubs.  Before Philips decided to change the Hue API, there was a time that everything worked great, and I'm hoping 5.x will usher in those times again.  I'm sure everyone wants everything to work all the time with iCue.  Would love to see my EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra (RIP EVGA) get some love too.  Honestly the whole RGB fad will be doomed to go the way of Disco unless iCue is able to be the glue that binds all products together.  The fractured ecosystem of proprietary RGB control software is frustrating.  iCue is the best hope we all have of a unified RGB experience for consumers.

Thanks for the update!

Finally Sensor-integration for the Steam Deck. Waited for this for long. Thank you! 🙂

Unfortunately I am unable to complete the installation. 

Error
2023-05-31_09:12:52 Checking user locale: en-US.
2023-05-31_09:12:52 Setting user preffered language: en-US.
2023-05-31_09:12:53 Detected iCUE version=4.33.138
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip.sha2
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Using bootstrap package from repo: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V5/public/modules/windows/installerpackage/cuepkg.zip
2023-05-31_09:13:53 Package manager failed:
  "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.exe" --installdir="C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\packages" install icue-installer
  code: 1
  out:

I followed the instructions as specified on this page: Corsair Help

And it looks like more and more folks are struggling with updating from 4>5 Reddit

I tried all from uninstalling manually, deleting everything from AppData and so on, but still no dice.

Anyone out here with a fresh idea?

Thank you in advance.

24 minutes ago, Schnoobins said:

Unfortunately I am unable to complete the installation. 

Error
2023-05-31_09:12:52 Checking user locale: en-US.
2023-05-31_09:12:52 Setting user preffered language: en-US.
2023-05-31_09:12:53 Detected iCUE version=4.33.138
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip.sha2
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Opening file: C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.zip
2023-05-31_09:12:57 Using bootstrap package from repo: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V5/public/modules/windows/installerpackage/cuepkg.zip
2023-05-31_09:13:53 Package manager failed:
  "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\manager\cuepkg.exe" --installdir="C:\ProgramData\Corsair\iCUE5 Initial Installer\packages" install icue-installer
  code: 1
  out:

I followed the instructions as specified on this page: Corsair Help

And it looks like more and more folks are struggling with updating from 4>5 Reddit

I tried all from uninstalling manually, deleting everything from AppData and so on, but still no dice.

Anyone out here with a fresh idea?

Thank you in advance.

Have you deleted Corsair folder in C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData

12 minutes ago, John Hoang said:

Have you deleted Corsair folder in C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData

Hi John,

Thank you for your input, I indeed tried that as well.

Basically in that Reddit post you can also see that many have gone that route, manually deleting all left over folders, deleting registry entries, but without any luck.

Version 4.xx.xx installs in a heartbeat, it just the modular installation that seems not to happy.

I even compared hardware profiles with others, to rule out any kind of incompatibility issues, but it seems that the issue exists regardless of hardware.

Maybe it is at random, I honestly don't know.

The update removed my Command PRO and HX1500I off the Dashboard.  They both showed up and device list which I was able to delete and rediscover but would never come back into the Dashboard.  I had to down grade to V 4.33.138 to recover.  

Unable to get it working by upgrade, failure to run macro. repair installation.

fresh install of icue, onboard profiles issue. commander pro and all devices missing

fresh windows install, working, but monitor screen is now broken for 21:9

Edited by Space Doctor

Resume from sleep still seems to be an issue on this version, all sensors display incorrect data if PC is resumed from sleep.

Whoever isn't careful about this will end up having toasty components since iCUE thinks it doesn't have to ramp up fan speed due to the static low readings it is getting, only fix is either a PC Reboot or CorsairService restart.

6 hours ago, strajk- said:

Resume from sleep still seems to be an issue on this version, all sensors display incorrect data if PC is resumed from sleep.

Whoever isn't careful about this will end up having toasty components since iCUE thinks it doesn't have to ramp up fan speed due to the static low readings it is getting, only fix is either a PC Reboot or CorsairService restart.

Looks like something wrong or conflict with other softwares on your system. 

I have problems after updating to 5.2.128.
Asus ROG Strix X670E E-Gaming, Asus RTX TUF 4090 is no longer recognised. I can no longer activate or download the Asus and NVIDIA plugins in the app....
I can no longer uninstall either....🫣🤔

Edited by gulfstream66

19 hours ago, dwodke said:

The update removed my Command PRO and HX1500I off the Dashboard.  They both showed up and device list which I was able to delete and rediscover but would never come back into the Dashboard.  I had to down grade to V 4.33.138 to recover.  

19 hours ago, dwodke said:

How can I downgrade to 4.33.138...?
Many thanks for your assist

Reactive for whats on the Monitor for the mural is still picking white and blue which it shouldn't still an issue as a result these colours is overriding whats on the screen in terms of colours so this issue still needs to resolved.

3 hours ago, gulfstream66 said:

How can I downgrade to 4.33.138...?
Many thanks for your assist

Add/Remove programs to uninstall the 5.0 software.  I got lucky and still had a 4.33.138 installer in my downloads folder.  

• Like 1

The LS100 strips stay in the hardware lighting mode after waking Windows 10 from sleep. It takes at least 30 seconds for it to change to software lighting.

I also have H115i Elite Capellix, ML140 Elite, ML120 Elite, etc. They all instantly change from hardware lighting to software lighting. This issue only happens with the LS100 strips. It never happened before updating to iCUE 5.

3 hours ago, dwodke said:

Add/Remove programs to uninstall the 5.0 software.  I got lucky and still had a 4.33.138 installer in my downloads folder.  

fortunately I have also saved it, but I cannot uninstall the latest iCUE v5.2.128 from the programmes, although it is listed as software, it cannot be uninstalled...?

I'm an idiot, I just updated the software via ICUE this morning...

16 hours ago, John Hoang said:

Looks like something wrong or conflict with other softwares on your system. 

I guess the OS is the culprit then since it still happens with a fresh install 😃

Reverting to 4.33 once again, did it with the last patch as well.

so far soo good here 👍

Decided to rebuild my machine today with Windows 11 Pro X64 22H2.

Installed the iCUE 4.33.138. but for some reason, it fails to install my K55 RGB keyboard properly.

Get the hardware connection/disconnection about 10 times, and then iCUE shows a red warning triangle saying the device isn't available.

I tried installing the latest iCUE 5.2 also, but same issues.

My Corsair AX1200i, H100i RGB PRO XT and Dominator Platinum RGB Ram all register and can be controlled properly, it's just I've lost the ability to control the lighting on the keyboard.

Tried uninstalling all drivers etc, but no joy.

Pictures attached.

TIA for any help!

Corsair.png

Corsair2.png

unfortunately I cannot uninstall the failed version iCUE v5.2.128 as an app under Applications, can anyone tell me what the possibilities are...?

As soon as I run the setup again Install-iCUE(2).exe

As soon as I want to install the iCUESetup_4.33.138_release.msi, I get the message, I already have the latest version.

5 hours ago, gulfstream66 said:

unfortunately I cannot uninstall the failed version iCUE v5.2.128 as an app under Applications, can anyone tell me what the possibilities are...?

As soon as I run the setup again Install-iCUE(2).exe

As soon as I want to install the iCUESetup_4.33.138_release.msi, I get the message, I already have the latest version.

Can not see your logs. I recommend going to Safe Mode, then delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Corsair

C:\ProgramData\Corsair

Then back to normal Windows mode and reinstall the software