Corsair Community

Corsair Nightsword RGB left click malfunction

I have issue with left clicking, especially during gaming session. Very frustrated with it

situation 1 in FPS game: hold left click and sometimes it wont spray bullets because it just registered as 1 click
situation 2 in FPS game: hold throwables and it will release it automatically, same as situation 1 registered as 1 click
situation 3: click on stuff either it wont work or it will double click it

its been days i try to look for solution, tried resetting mouse (l+r click and unplug) still doesn't work for me. 
Corsair support email is taking time to respond to me, so i hope i can get some help over here.

Are there any other solution to fix this? I really love this model and wish i can fix this.

Quit CUE prior to starting up the game. See if the issue still occurs. That should indicate if it’s a physical button issue (RMA) or a software issue (try clean install of CUE). If this occurs without CUE running, update the ticket so the first responding agent goes straight to replacement. 

Sounds typical from a bad switch.. mine died tha same way on both switches.

just know the replacement will eventually fail the same way. it's not a switch quality issue but a design one shared by pretty much every manufacturer. Just get that warranty going each time it happens 🙂

If you want a mouse that will work for years on end, you'll have to look for mice with optical switches like the M65 RGB Ultra.

It's a shame because the nightsword is really comfortable for big hands.

2 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

Sounds typical from a bad switch.. mine died tha same way on both switches.

just know the replacement will eventually fail the same way. it's not a switch quality issue but a design one shared by pretty much every manufacturer. Just get that warranty going each time it happens 🙂

If you want a mouse that will work for years on end, you'll have to look for mice with optical switches like the M65 RGB Ultra.

It's a shame because the nightsword is really comfortable for big hands.

Do you have any recommend for wireless mouse that is as good as nightsword? because I find it annoying for wired mouse connecting the mousepad (MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad), especially for FPS gaming

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

Quit CUE prior to starting up the game. See if the issue still occurs. That should indicate if it’s a physical button issue (RMA) or a software issue (try clean install of CUE). If this occurs without CUE running, update the ticket so the first responding agent goes straight to replacement. 

unfortunately, my mouse is already past the warranty date, and I cannot request a replacement. I assume it's a physical button issue that happens suddenly :(

eeeh, the MM800.. again another design failure ^^' when i was using it i rotated it 90° so the huge bump for the USB port wasn't blocking my mouse wire. That can help if you don't want to fight it in the middle of intense gameplay.

As for recommendations, all HID peripherals are a very personal preference. What i personally prefer may not please your grip style or may feel weird.

if you look for wireless mice with optical switches, the list would be pretty slim i imagine. I personally use the G502X, but it's rounder in the hand compared to the Nightsword, and it's obviously not Corsair either.

That aside, since you're out of warranty, are you comfortable doing a bit of DIY repairs?  Even if you get a new mouse, you can still revive your nightsword for a couple of bucks.

3 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

That aside, since you're out of warranty, are you comfortable doing a bit of DIY repairs?  Even if you get a new mouse, you can still revive your nightsword for a couple of bucks.

Do you mean buy a switch and repair it? I'm not sure I know how to do that tho haha

nevermind then ^^

But yes you can buy better switches that operate better under very low voltage, and solder them in place of the failed ones. that will make the mouse work correctly again.

Another thing you can try right now is lower the poll rate way down. Sometimes that's enough to have the computer not "see" the bad contact in the switch, and it can attenuate the occurences of double clicks or button holds that release at random, for some time. Slow poll rate will behave like a poor man's debouncing to an extent. Maybe it can make the mouse temporarely more useable while you look for a replacement

In the Corsair line, the Dark Core Pro is most like the Nightsword.  It's wireless and has optional 'wings' for the outside if you want a pinky rest.  Otherwise, it's the same shape as the Nightsword.  You also may be able to find the Dark Core Pro Wireless or SE version at a reduced price.