Corsair Community

Problems with my RAM

:confused: I have recently purchased a 1 Gig ram stick CMS1GB-333SOD. I installed it in my emachine M6805 notebook computer which has AMD 64 3000+ cpu, Arima - 6040000 PhoenixBios 4.0 Release 6.0. I am running XP Professional, which has the latest drivers for CPU,video card, etc. When operating my notebook, I am experiencing memory dumps. I am not sure why this is happening. When I replace the ram, I know longer experience memory dumps. Is there anything I can do to resovle this problem. I would like to purchase another 1 Gig ram stick in the future, but that is pending the resolution of this problem.

Regards,

Khopkins

Have you try to use the notebook with just our memory module by itself; in addition please test your system with memtest, see if this will make any difference?

I have on board memory (256meg), which I don't believe I can access, but I have read some news forums which describe the process of how to gain access to it. I have also downloaded memtext86. I will run it tonight and see if this works. Thank you for your response. I will keep you posted.

• Corsair Employee
Please keep us updated on what the outcome is; I will also recommend you to find out the memory speed that you have onboard, and the timing settings of the memory onboard, this will help us troubleshoot your problem and hopefully solve it.

Please keep us updated on what the outcome is; I will also recommend you to find out the memory speed that you have onboard, and the timing settings of the memory onboard, this will help us troubleshoot your problem and hopefully solve it.

Downloaded MemTest86 and ran it for roughly 20 hrs. No errors were found, which led me to believe that there was an incompatibility issue with my onboard memory(256M) module and the Cosair 1 Gig module . So I was able to swap out the on board memory module with the 1 gig stick and it now seems to be running fine now. I haven't had any memory dumps as of yet. I will now purchase another 1 gig stick, giving me a total of 2gigs of ram. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

-Khopkins

Archived