Corsair Community

MSI Z270 Intel i7 7700K Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM compatability

CHKR

Hello everyone!

I haven't found any infos in any QVLs so far. I want to get my 2x16gb ram (Corsair Vengeance LPX) to 2x32gb ram. I am a video editor and will dive into effects work. 32gb are a minimum for my uses (DR18), so I thought I will max out my mainboard which can hold max. 64gb ram.

My question is if CMK64GX4M2D3000C16 would be possible in my MSI Z270 gaming m3 in combination with my i7 7700K? Currently my system runs perfectly fine with CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (except that I need more ram).

So are those 32gb sticks possible for me in general? I'd like to run them in dual channel and when I upgrade in the future (to a possible 128gb if needed) I'd like to take them with me. --> that's the reason I'd rather go for 2x32gb than 4x16gb. 

• Corsair Employee

Based on your motherboard specifications it only supports a maximum 64GB of system memory in a 4x16GB configuration. The kit in question is not going to be compatible with your system.

19 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Based on your motherboard specifications it only supports a maximum 64GB of system memory in a 4x16GB configuration. The kit in question is not going to be compatible with your system.

Thanks for your answer!

I did a bit of digging and found that: https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/view.php?id=105243 
They tested my mainboard + cpu with a 2x32gb dimm set. Unfortunately they don't tell which one exactly. 

I know it's not listed anywhere on official mobo specifications. Which could also mean they didn't test it because Kabylake was relatively new in 16/17 and 32gb sticks not really available by that time. And QVLs are too old and eventually never got updated...
There are a lot of benchmarks that say that my cpu is compatible. But no info about the exact DIMMs. 

Why shouldn't it work? 

• 1 year later...

Hello all here! 
I recently picked up the Corsair vengeance pro 2x16gb=32gb @ 3600mhz ram combo for my build but when I enable XMP it won’t boot. Goes into this screen with 3 options that all take me to the bios anyway!

I have a 

-MSI Z270-APro motherboard 

-i7-7700K cpu

-Asus rog strix 1080ti

any ideas on why it won’t boot or if it’s even compatibe. Multiple websites stated it would so now I’m confused

with this CPU, people often used 3000mhz without too many issues. 3600 is pushing it quite a lot. DDR4 was still new when it came out. it natively supports ddr4 2400. You can see the massive jump 3600 is.

you could try enabling XMP, then dropping down the speed manually to have it run stable.

I did see that yes it is a compatibility issue with my CPU 

I am however already running 3200MHz on my current set up with only 16gb of RAM

i Guess now I’m going to get a set of 16gb 3200MHz Corsair vengeance pro. I think it would work with my Z board and chip set, what do you think?

6 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

with this CPU, people often used 3000mhz without too many issues. 3600 is pushing it quite a lot. DDR4 was still new when it came out. it natively supports ddr4 2400. You can see the massive jump 3600 is.

you could try enabling XMP, then dropping down the speed manually to have it run stable.

Replied up there sorry forgot to quote ^