Corsair Community

H170i & iCue

Go to solution Solved by Megatronpt,

Heya!

I just moved my PC to a 7000D case, with a H170i Cappelix Cooler.

All is well, until I load iCue to setup a fan curve.. the fans that were until then working at full speed, go fully silent (between 600 and 800rpm) and of course the CPU temperature starts going up.
I have created curves, new profiles, used % and static RPM.. no matter what I do, the fans only start actually blowing out heat,

I've read a few posts here and in /r/ about workarounds to make it work, but so far I have had no success.

Suggestions welcome!

- New potential cause: H170i doesnt appear in iCUE, but Core appears.

Will review connections in the morning.

It's possible the wide pump connector is not fully inserted in the commander core. that would make it appear in iCUE as a regular fan controller, instead of an AIO.

9 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

It's possible the wide pump connector is not fully inserted in the commander core. that would make it appear in iCUE as a regular fan controller, instead of an AIO.

Yeah.. just reconnected everything. All are ok.

I have followed Corsair troubleshooting and only core appears in  devices

2 minutes ago, Megatronpt said:

Yeah.. just reconnected everything. All are ok.

I have followed Corsair troubleshooting and only core appears in  devices

Same issue as many others. Essentially, when iCue is running, the pump stops due to the commander core having a firmware issue. Corsair has been dead silent

Just now, Balsagna said:

Same issue as many others. Essentially, when iCue is running, the pump stops due to the commander core having a firmware issue. Corsair has been dead silent

You mean.. that sneaky "Firmware update" that iCUE requests for Commander Core?

And how are people working around it? Dropping core and getting pro.. or waiting?

Just now, Megatronpt said:

You mean.. that sneaky "Firmware update" that iCUE requests for Commander Core?

And how are people working around it? Dropping core and getting pro.. or waiting?

Doesn't work with the pro. And yes, that's exactly what caused mine.

Wanna know what I did? Something I've never done before that's unethical, but at this point, I'm at an age where I'm not putting up with BS anymore from corporate greed and unresponsiveness.

I went to best buy, bought a 2nd one, swapped out the Commander Core, and stuck the bricked one back in the box and took it back to get my $300 back. Now I'm back up and running, and I'm not going to install a firmware update. I'd hate to do that, but when Corsair has been silent about this yet are on these forums helping BS posts vs's ones like this that impact system integrity, not much else I can do. I just won't buy another Corsair product going forward and here I thought since I have Corsair iCue, I would buy all the fans for my case, swap out all my razer gear and so on.... not when they release a firmware that talks to the pump and SHUTS it off when software is being run.... what a fail of a development team in my opinion. And the support for this is non existent.  Glad I'm not the CEO, I'd clean house in those areas.

1 minute ago, Balsagna said:

Doesn't work with the pro. And yes, that's exactly what caused mine.

Wanna know what I did? Something I've never done before that's unethical, but at this point, I'm at an age where I'm not putting up with BS anymore from corporate greed and unresponsiveness.

I went to best buy, bought a 2nd one, swapped out the Commander Core, and stuck the bricked one back in the box and took it back to get my $300 back. Now I'm back up and running, and I'm not going to install a firmware update. I'd hate to do that, but when Corsair has been silent about this yet are on these forums helping BS posts vs's ones like this that impact system integrity, not much else I can do. I just won't buy another Corsair product going forward and here I thought since I have Corsair iCue, I would buy all the fans for my case, swap out all my razer gear and so on.... not when they release a firmware that talks to the pump and SHUTS it off when software is being run.... what a fail of a development team in my opinion. And the support for this is non existent.  Glad I'm not the CEO, I'd clean house in those areas.

I'm about to grab the NZXT x63 Kraken I removed from my old case.. until eventually this is sorted.

I'm literally only on Firefox / Device manager and my CPU slightly rising to 75 celsius.

4 minutes ago, Megatronpt said:

I'm about to grab the NZXT x63 Kraken I removed from my old case.. until eventually this is sorted.

I'm literally only on Firefox / Device manager and my CPU slightly rising to 75 celsius.

Mine overheats and shuts the PC down, but I have a 7950x where this thing doesn't even keep it under 50c when idle. I probably should go back to a full custom water loop like I had prior. But a lot of what I wanted was out of stock, so I wanted to add some coolness with the LCD screen, it's pretty poop. Forgot why I swapped in the first place.

Does look cool though.

1 minute ago, Balsagna said:

Mine overheats and shuts the PC down, but I have a 7950x where this thing doesn't even keep it under 50c when idle. I probably should go back to a full custom water loop like I had prior. But a lot of what I wanted was out of stock, so I wanted to add some coolness with the LCD screen, it's pretty poop. Forgot why I swapped in the first place.

Does look cool though.

Yeah.. I am on R9 5900x

For some reason, fans reacted to iCUE. Still high temperature.. but slowly decreasing... but the way this is working it looks like the pump is literally asleep and only intakes/exhausts maintaining this alive.

3 minutes ago, Megatronpt said:

Yeah.. I am on R9 5900x

For some reason, fans reacted to iCUE. Still high temperature.. but slowly decreasing... but the way this is working it looks like the pump is literally asleep and only intakes/exhausts maintaining this alive.

it'll eventually overheat. the coolant isn't moving

7 minutes ago, Balsagna said:

it'll eventually overheat. the coolant isn't moving

Oh Corsair... Corsair.. 300€ Cooler and a SW bug bricks it...

Potential solution? 

Will try tomorrow.. its 3AM and I have to wake up in 3h.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/182513-h150i-elite-wont-show-up-in-icue/

It still has the supposed reset button.

Next to the sticker.

20230123_225527.jpg

Current issues:
- Pump doesn't seem to be working
- Temps at idle on ~60 Celsius
- Pump has no lighting whatsoever
- H170i doesn't appear in iCUE
- Commander Core appears in Other Devices(https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052297652-What-to-do-if-your-Elite-Capellix-liquid-CPU-cooler-is-not-detected-by-iCUE), but H170i doesn't.

Didn't try the supposed reset button in Commander Core, as I am working and rely too much on this PC for it.

I've reached out to the Corsair Support team(2005898879) and they seem to believe that the Commander Core might be damaged, so they will send me a new one.

Will update this thread when I have more news.

46 minutes ago, Megatronpt said:

I've reached out to the Corsair Support team(2005898879) and they seem to believe that the Commander Core might be damaged, so they will send me a new one.

Will update this thread when I have more news.

How did you reach out to them? I submitted a case a while back and got crickets.

1 hour ago, Balsagna said:

How did you reach out to them? I submitted a case a while back and got crickets.

Good old phone call. 🙂

https:/www.corsair.com/eu/en/contact

• 3 weeks later...

New update:

- New Commander Core arrived

- Clean uninstall of iCUE

- Clean install of iCUE

Same results.

Waiting on support to decide on next actions. I am starting to suspect a dead pump... if that is the case, looks like I'll have to use my old NZXT x63 until I get the H170i RMAed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

New H170i Arrived (Advanced RMA).

Good news and bad news:

Bad:

- New installation method for AM4. Doesn't sit very well with the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
 - Temperatures are 5-7 degrees celsius higher
 - Misc bag didn't include the fully needed thumbscrews, so had to "snatch" two from my previous H170i

Good:

- Pump appearing and can be controlled from iCue.
 - This mounting bracket is much easier to work with as it uses the preexisting holes/backplate in the motherboard instead of the method that resembled the Socket A coolers (Board stabbers... if you know.. you know.. 🙂 )

Potential work that I might do over the weekend:

- Use the commander core that came with this Cooler instead of the one that Corsair sent me before.
 - Buy new decent Thermal Paste and apply it again, as I am using an older one by thermal grizzly.
 - Fully Reinstall iCUE.

And a massive shout out to Mathew B. from Corsair CS as he was an absolute hero in every single step!