Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK2 no longer supported?

i6pwr

So it seems there's a bunch of chat with this new version.

I now have a blinking but functional K70 keyboard that I cannot control the lights on...very annoying.

What is the fix? A previous version?

I downloaded the legacy version and I still have the red exclamation point at the bottom of the keyboard icon.

Icue1.thumb.jpg.ffb071698d6edd9d1b1223951a201e7d.jpg

Most likely a usb initialization error. Try unplugging the kb from the motherboard and reconnecting. 

If that does not work, contact Corsair Support. No keyboards were removed from the supported devices list. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 9:08 PM, i6pwr said:

I downloaded the legacy version and I still have the red exclamation point at the bottom of the keyboard icon.

Icue1.thumb.jpg.ffb071698d6edd9d1b1223951a201e7d.jpg

You are correct! However its more insidious than you might think. Corsair updated to iCUE 4 and chose to no longer support devices that you can still buy off the shelves today! To prove it, they later disclosed that they would include some legacy devices that they initially stopped supporting as well.  So those of us who are stuck with expensive RGB keyboards that are no longer supported have been instructed to revert back to the previous software version of iCUE...Oh! but they forgot to mention that they are also no longer supporting firmware updates or helping to fix issues like they red triangle exclamation point we're all now sporting. But don't worry! Corsair will come to you rescue!!! Just purchase the K100 RGB for a cool $249.99 and they'll take care of you with the latest and greatest software (for a while).

image.thumb.png.acaa47867879c2f1770eda51afe96cdd.pngimage.thumb.png.6d202e15d95c1025ab5173da71f7c6b2.png

The only keyboard initially not supported on CUE 4 was the K66 -- an uncommon and no longer manufactured piece of gear.  This has nothing to do with the red triangle error.  If your keyboard is not supported, it will be missing from CUE.  If you keep getting the red triangle, contact Corsair Support.  While it can be motherboard/BIOS setting related, it also can be physical with the USB ports, the KB, or the keyboard wiring/connectors.  Some of those issues require replacement.  Contact Corsair Support.  Don't sit on it and  think it will go away at a later date.  

• Corsair Employee

Make sure you are plugging the keyboard directly into a USB port on the physical motherboard and not into a USB hub or switch of some kind. Even things like KVM switches can result in the same issues.