Corsair Community

H150i Elite + 3x LL120 fans

Go to solution Solved by LeDoyen,

Greetings,

I recently purchased "CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler" and "Corsair LL Series CO-9050072-WW LL120 RGB, 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan, 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO"

The H150i Liquid CPU Cooler came with 3x fans. The fan/RGB controller included comes with 6 Fan and 6 RGB ports. All 3 of these fans connected to the controller were detected by iCUE software.

I connected the 3x LL120 fans to the additional 3 fan and RGB ports on the controller that was included with the H150i. 

When I boot the computer up, the LED's on the 3x LL120 flash bright white for just a second before turning off. The fans stay on and rotating, but the RGB is not detected in the iCUE software.

The 3 LL120 fans are working through the controller included with the H150i, but the RGB's are not.

The 3 fans included with the H150i are working, as well as the RGB.

In the packaging for the LL120 fans, I was also provided with a two-pronged cable, rather than the proper cable to connect the Lightning Node to the RGB Hub, shown in the attached photo. Every single video I've found on the internet features a different cable to connect these two devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

incorrect cable RGB hub.jpg

• Solution

the two prongs on the fan hub should go inside a small molex connector plastic shell. if it's not floating about in the box, it's missing altogether. this connector then goes to one of the LN Pro channels obviously.

For the LL lighting, you have to set it up in the AIO lighting tab on iCUE. Out of the box, only the 3 pre installed fans are set up i believe.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 8:16 PM, LeDoyen said:

the two prongs on the fan hub should go inside a small molex connector plastic shell. if it's not floating about in the box, it's missing altogether. this connector then goes to one of the LN Pro channels obviously.

For the LL lighting, you have to set it up in the AIO lighting tab on iCUE. Out of the box, only the 3 pre installed fans are set up i believe.

Thanks for your response. I had reached out to Corsair Customer Service and they shipped me a replacement cable.

I was able to come to the solution you had recommended after tinkering with the software for a while. I really appreciate your response. This was indeed the solution I was looking for.