Corsair Community

Bad CMX512-2700C2

I think I have a bad stick. I cannot even get my Dell 400 SC or my other PC with an ASUS P4C800-E. All settings are set to auto and no over clocking.

When I run Memtest I cannot even get it to run, it fails as soon as it starts and I when I boot on the 400SC I get memory errors and it wont boot. When I use the other stick of the dual channel everything works fine on both machines

Numbers off stick are as follows:

CMX512-2700C2

XMS2702v1.2

0312743-4

Thanks,

Keith Carlascio

• Corsair Employee

Please use the ASUS P4C800-E and disable legacy USB when running any memory test with this MB and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Only getting errors with one module. The other is fine. Memtest will not even start with the bad one the other works fine on both machines with default settings.

I tested the suspect module in anther machine and it would not even boot. The other worked fine in that machine also.

I wil follow the link. Thanks.

Archived