Corsair Community

BSOD on Windows 10 Pro during iCUE installation.

Go to solution Solved by ViperAleks,

I had iCUE v3.38.61 installed on my computer. When I tried to update iCUE to v4.19.191 some time ago I had BSOD during installation.  I tried to install previous version 3.38 but had BSOD again. So, I uninstalled both versions and was running computer without iCUE. Today I tried to install iCUE v4.29.203 just to check if problem was fixed somehow but I still get BSOD during iCUE installation. I need to control fan speed on water cooler. Please help.

MSI TRX40 PRO WIFI Motherboard, 

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 3.8 GHz 24-Core TRX4 Processor

CORSAIR iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT, 280mm Radiator, Dual 140mm PWM Fans, Software Control, Liquid CPU Cooler, CW-9060044-WW
Edited by ViperAleks

• Corsair Employee

Make sure your BIOS is fully up to date, and if you have your MSI motherboard's software installed try removing it and see if the issues persists.

20 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Make sure your BIOS is fully up to date, and if you have your MSI motherboard's software installed try removing it and see if the issues persists.

The BIOS is up to date. What exactly  MSI software should I remove, drivers or any additional tools?

• Solution

I have doubled checked and found that I had BIOS v2.6 from 2020/5/15. I installed the latest BIOS v2.8 from 2022/5/24 and installed  latest version of iCUE 4.30.162 without problem. Thanks!