Corsair Community

RAM Conflict with Gigabyte RGB Fusion

Our new build has a Z790 Aorus Master & 32 GB Corsair 6200 CMH32GX5M2B6200C36.

It appears that GCC loads very slowly sometimes crashing PC, and iCue loses control of RAM.  Is there a way to install both Corsair RGB Ram and Gigabyte RGB Fusion without crashing.  The build requires iCue for Fan control.

Thank you

I have nearly the same issue:  same motherboard, however, 64GB of Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6000C36.  When GCC loads, the Corsair RAM freezes the LED colors (previously moving colors under the control of iCUE) , and iCue no longer sees or can change the Corsair RAM LEDs.  Can you suggest a fix?

Thank you

• Corsair Employee

You are not able to run other software such as RGB Fusion at the same time as they will conflict resulting in the iCUE software losing control over the memory until the offending software is closed, and iCUE and the services are restarted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying after several attempts and I was unable to resolve the issue.  The RGB Fusion & iCue software run fine independently, but together they fight for RAM control and cause system stability issues.  You can have both RGB Fusion & iCue on the same PC, the issue is when you also have Corsair RGB RAM.

• 5 months later...

I have the exact same issue upgraded my Motherboard to  a Gigabyte z790 AORUS ELITE AX along with ddr5 ram and when I install each software individually no issue but as soon as I have both icue doesn't recognise ram and GCC freezes and machine crashes until I uninstall one of the apps kept corsair as my AIO, Headset, Keyboard are all corsair any fix on the horizon?  

There isn’t a fix on the Corsair side. The Gigabyte GCC/Fusion program is actively taking over the lighting on another manufacturer’s device. There should be setting to prevent it from doing that. Make sure ‘sync all’ is turned off in the GCC/Fusion app. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, c-attack said:

There isn’t a fix on the Corsair side. The Gigabyte GCC/Fusion program is actively taking over the lighting on another manufacturer’s device. There should be setting to prevent it from doing that. Make sure ‘sync all’ is turned off in the GCC/Fusion app. 

I have uninstalled the RGBFusion and I only have the Gigabyte Aorus Engine active to show my AIO temps, without it I cannot see the temperatures of my processor and it's keeping on crashing all over.