Corsair Community

TWINX 1024-3200 C2 ( 2x512)problems ??

babacool

HI , I am new on this forum and based in France.

I have some problems with this set of memories when I play games such as operationFlashpoint or Age of Empire.

My config is :

Xp 2500 barton overclocked( for two years from now and stable ) to FSB 200 X 11 ( 2200 Mhz) core 1,65v ( tried 1,675 then 1,7 same result )

A7N8X-Deluxe rev 2 BIOS 1008

DD WD 1200J 120 mb ide100

Graphic board ATI 9600 256mb latest driver

Twinx 1024-3200 C2 cas 2,5 3 3 6 dimm 2,7V

No errors under memest86 all night long .

But when playing above games, screen freezes after 20 min of utilization and the system is locked, I can only reset it. And sometimes, the screen turns to black and there is a sound as a disk drive shutdown ( auto reset ). no problems under other utilizations.

NOTICE : with exactly same config , before getting twinx 3200c2, I had on loan a kit of 1024 value ram ( 2 X 512mb cas 2,5 3 3 6) for a week and no soucy etheir normal ulilization or gaming.

So I am a bit dispite when runnig with this new kit of memories Twinx 1024-3200 C2, I hoped this kit was greater in performence than value ram kit.

Did I do something wrong or are these memories not compatible with my motherboard ?

Could anybody help me to solve this problem ?

Excuse-me for my poor english!!

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Corsair Employee

I would load setup defaults and then set the following settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: 1.6 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

I would load setup defaults and then set the following settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: 1.6 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Thanks for answer RAM GUY , but to be clear I repeat :

My described config has worked very well for a week with a set of two Value Ram memories kit 2x 512 mb 3200 , why should it work bad with Twinx 1024-3200C2 kit , supposed to be better quality that value ram kit ?

I repeat also that my config with twinx 1024-3200 C2 has not shown ANY error under memtest86 for a night and a day long.

I don't understand why 2x512mb Ram Value memory is working better that 2x512mb twinx 3200 C2 within the exactly same config and bios set !!

Archived