Corsair Community

iCue Stopped detecting GPU (Strix 3090) after latest Nvidia Geforce Driver Release 516.40

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, hungkenvd97 said:

New Nvidia driver yesterday (516.94) still has this problem. Please @Corsair Ravenplease take a look about this problem. Maybe Corsair can fix this with iCue update ? This is really really annoying and dissapointed. Please do something 😞

Hey there! Did you try running iCUE as administrator?

5 hours ago, Corsair Raven said:

Hey there! Did you try running iCUE as administrator?

Hi, works for me but requires manual launch of iCue.

Yes, work around is totally unsatisfactory. Corsair need to sort this out, else we cannot update Nividia drivers.

I have a full Corsair / Asus build that over the past 2 years, RBG integration has worked for only about 70% of that time.

If I knew prior, I would have not paid a premium for these components as RGB integration is over hyped by Corsair.

• Like 2

If I go to:

C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCue.exe

then right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change settings for all users -> Run this program as an administrator -> Apply -> OK -> OK

then reboot my PC, iCue no longer starts automatically.  I have to manually launch it.

16 hours ago, Stickler said:

Yes, work around is totally unsatisfactory. Corsair need to sort this out, else we cannot update Nividia drivers.

I have a full Corsair / Asus build that over the past 2 years, RBG integration has worked for only about 70% of that time.

If I knew prior, I would have not paid a premium for these components as RGB integration is over hyped by Corsair.

Couldn't agree more. My entire build is base don colour themes and syncing all my components. This absolutely needs to be fixed. 

Update: I decided to try and install the latest nvidia drivers (as launching Spider-Man asks for the drivers). ASUS GPU disappears from iCue.  I read somewhere that you should run iCue as administrator. When doing this iCUe will no longer load on startup.  When manually loading it, the ASUS GPU DOES pop up in ICue.  Except that plugins no longer load. Stream Deck and Wallpaper Engine do not load which means I can't use my wallpaper themes or G keys on my K100.

I'll also bring up the bug here that when using wallpaper engine with RGB themes if you lock the PC using any iCue build After 4.23 and unlocking you get NO control over RGB. You lose the ability to control everything through iCue as everything goes black.

There must be something that can be done regarding these 2 bugs?

5 hours ago, Synomenon said:

This works, but iCue stops auto-starting with Windows when you set it to run as admin..

I have the same issue. But I found a workaround (with only one slight problem...)

The temp fix I found is:

1. Update to latest Nvidia GPU Drivers
2. Go to the folder where iCUE is installed. By default it's: "C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe"
3. Then right click iCUE.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change settings for all users -> Run this program as an administrator -> Apply -> OK -> OK
4. Then make VBS script. (I use Notepad ++, but notepad itself should work fine as long as you save the file as .VBS and select All Files while saving)

Put the following code in the notepad: (and only change the location where iCUE is if needed)

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell" ) 
WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe""", 0 'Must quote command if it has spaces; must escape quotes
Set WshShell = Nothing

5. Save the file, give it a name and add .VBS as file extension!

6. Press Win key + R and type: shell:startup or go to C:\Users\YourUserAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

7. Drag and drop the script (VBS) file you made in that startup folder. Then iCUE will launch with administrator permissions on boot.

The only slight problem I found is that I can't bring iCUE to the foreground anymore, a quick fix is to quit iCUE from the taskbar and then re-open iCUE.

I hope I could help some of you guys, since I've experienced this issue for a few weeks now with my ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC White graphics card.

Edited by HueZuX
Typo
  • Like 5

Oh, and please Corsair, try to contact Nvidia about this so that this bug will get fixed for all users with the same issue 😄

• Like 5

On 8/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, Bob1361 said:

I tried to make a tutorial to launch iCue in administrator mode and in scheduled task.
It should really move on the Corsair, Asus and nVidia side ...

It's literally the same way as I mentioned to temporarily fix this issue with the same bug you get at the end.. lol.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, HueZuX said:

I have the same issue. But I found a workaround (with only one slight problem...)

The temp fix I found is:

1. Update to latest Nvidia GPU Drivers
2. Go to the folder where iCUE is installed. By default it's: "C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe"
3. Then right click iCUE.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change settings for all users -> Run this program as an administrator -> Apply -> OK -> OK
4. Then make VBS script. (I use Notepad ++, but notepad itself should work fine as long as you save the file as .VBS and select All Files while saving)

Put the following code in the notepad: (and only change the location where iCUE is if needed)

WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe""", 0 'Must quote command if it has spaces; must escape quotes
Set WshShell = Nothing

5. Save the file, give it a name and add .VBS as file extension!

6. Press Win key + R and type: shell:startup or go to C:\Users\YourUserAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

7. Drag and drop the script (VBS) file you made in that startup folder. Then iCUE will launch with administrator permissions on boot.

The only slight problem I found is that I can't bring iCUE to the foreground anymore, a quick fix is to quit iCUE from the taskbar and then re-open iCUE.

I hope I could help some of you guys, since I've experienced this issue for a few weeks now with my ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC White graphics card.

Oops, sorry for a new message but I found a fix to my own fix 😂 instead putting """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe""" in the script you should put:

"""C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe"""

That will fix the bug for bringing up iCUE to the foreground 🙂

On 8/18/2022 at 4:21 AM, HueZuX said:

Oops, sorry for a new message but I found a fix to my own fix 😂 instead putting """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe""" in the script you should put:

"""C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe"""

That will fix the bug for bringing up iCUE to the foreground 🙂

This is what I have in my *.vbs file:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe"""
Set WshShell = Nothing

Nothing happens when I try to run it.  I also placed it in the Startup folder, but nothing happens.  I did set iCUE.exe to run as administrator for all users.

14 hours ago, Synomenon said:

This is what I have in my *.vbs file:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe"""
Set WshShell = Nothing

Nothing happens when I try to run it.  I also placed it in the Startup folder, but nothing happens.  I did set iCUE.exe to run as administrator for all users.

It's because you removed a part of the script. Try again and copy this as a whole:

WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe""", 0 'Must quote command if it has spaces; must escape quotes
Set WshShell = Nothing

Or you can download the VBS script here if that is easier: https://file.io/FMSvZmVU0L5V

Let me know if it works now! 😄

• Like 1

Does using this fix allow for plugins to work? Like wallpaper engine and Stream Deck? I tried running iCue as administrator on it's own and it kills plugins for some reason.

20 hours ago, HueZuX said:

It's because you removed a part of the script. Try again and copy this as a whole:

WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE Launcher.exe""", 0 'Must quote command if it has spaces; must escape quotes
Set WshShell = Nothing

Or you can download the VBS script here if that is easier: https://file.io/FMSvZmVU0L5V

Weird, it's still not working.  When I double click the *.vbs file to test it, nothing happens.

20 minutes ago, Synomenon said:

I got it working for the most part using a batch file instead.  Only problem with this method is that at login, iCue opens up instead of being minimized or hidden in the system tray.

Do your plugins work when doing this?  ex: wallpaper engine and Stream deck

On 8/20/2022 at 4:08 AM, HueZuX said:

Set WshShell = Nothing

it worked perfectly! thank you so much for taking the time!!!  💪🙌 🙌🙌

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:08 AM, HueZuX said:

Set WshShell = Nothing

Weird, I don't know why it's not working.  I'm on Windows 11 Pro. x64.  Shouldn't make a difference right?  I even have UAC turned off.

• 3 weeks later...