Corsair Community

Do settings persist without iCue running? (Cannot install iCue on 2nd PC)

I just received the HS70 Pro Wireless I ordered and installed the iCue software on my PC, and configured the headset. My question is:

Do I still need to run the iCue software, or are the settings actually saved to the dongle and headset?

Two reasons: The iCue software is really slowing down opening programs on my PC. I'm not a gamer, I got this for teleconference and call center / softphone use. My own PC is an i3 based Win10 old enough that it does not meet the Win11 specs. 

Second reason is I'm going to be using this on my work laptop most of the time and due to IT security, I cannot install the iCue software on it. And the default auto-off of 5 minutes of inactivity is a non-starter. I need to know if turning that off, and a few other tweaked settings, will remain configured when I plug the dongle into the work laptop.

• Corsair Employee

The HS70 Pro headset does not have any sort of onboard memory and as such it requires the iCUE software for the EQ and Surround settings to be in effect. If you use the headset on a system without iCUE running it will be defaulted to the standard flat EQ and work as a standard stereo headset.

4 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The HS70 Pro headset does not have any sort of onboard memory and as such it requires the iCUE software for the EQ and Surround settings to be in effect. If you use the headset on a system without iCUE running it will be defaulted to the standard flat EQ and work as a standard stereo headset.

As stated, this is to be used for online conferencing and telephony over the PC. I don't care about surround sound or EQ on that machine. I care about the headset turning off after a period of inactivity. I need it to stay on until I turn it off. 

Will it stay on when idle when connected to the PC but the iCue software is not installed, or not running if it is installed and connected on one of my personal devices?