Corsair Community

iCue 4.23.137 crashes when K100 is connected

Hey guys, since I got a replacement for my broken K100 from corsair, iCue always crashes after starting it up. This occurs everytime when iCue is starting and my K100 is connected. If it's not connected, it won't crash.

I already did a clean uninstall with removal of all setting, but no luck and reinstalling it.

This problem occurs on two different machines:

- My private one Windows 11 with some other corsair products (HS80, MM700, ST100, Dark Core RGB, Corsair Dominator and the K100)
- My business laptop: Windows 10 (Dark Core, HS80 and K100)

In the eventlog of windows I see an application error:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: iCUE.exe, Version: 4.23.137.0, Zeitstempel: 0x62583d66
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.1, Zeitstempel: 0x00e78ce9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000007dd7e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5a60
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d864fdc3144721
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: 70823fa6-e960-49dd-ac3b-8bfa032cd667
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

What can I do fix this?

i have not tried iCue 4.23 anymore but the last one that had no bugs with K100 was iCue 4.18 for me. The later ones all had some bug with k100.

24 minutes ago, frizur said:

i have not tried iCue 4.23 anymore but the last one that had no bugs with K100 was iCue 4.18 for me. The later ones all had some bug with k100.

Is there any version history with seperate download links? I can't find anything to downgrade 😞

Just now, djase said:

Thank you, it seems this is working. But my K100 is not shown there. I guess I had done a firmware update of the k100 so that is not showing up anymore in older versions. Which could be the reason the newest iCue will crash.

Ok, unfortunatly the downgrade only worked because the K100 wasn't recognized. Since a reboot the version 4.18.209 is crashing too.

• Corsair Employee

By the sound of the issue something else is likely going on causing the problem. You mention it happens on two systems, your personal computer, and your work computer. Are you trying to utilize something like a USB hub/switch or KVM? Also that specific crash that you showed points towards third-party software conflicting as well as the faulting module leading to the crash is a system based DLL.

1 minute ago, Corsair Notepad said:

By the sound of the issue something else is likely going on causing the problem. You mention it happens on two systems, your personal computer, and your work computer. Are you trying to utilize something like a USB hub/switch or KVM?

Indeed, I use a USB-hub/switch, which works perfectly until I got the replacement K100. The switch works perfectly with my HS80 and the DarkCore too. But I can double check if the problem with iCue persists when directly connecting the K100 and would report back when I've tested it.

Edited by Disane

• Corsair Employee

Those devices are not guaranteed to work with any sort of USB switch/hub or KVM. What happens if you utilize a direct connection of the device to the system instead of utilizing the switch?

2 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Those devices are not guaranteed to work with any sort of USB switch/hub or KVM. What happens if you utilize a direct connection of the device to the system instead of utilizing the switch?

Checked that. iCue is still crashing when connecting the two USb of the K100 directly to the laptop

• Corsair Employee

I would recommend you reach out to our support team by opening a ticket at http://help.corsair.com

18 hours ago, Disane said:

Hey guys, since I got a replacement for my broken K100 from corsair, iCue always crashes after starting it up. This occurs everytime when iCue is starting and my K100 is connected. If it's not connected, it won't crash.

I already did a clean uninstall with removal of all setting, but no luck and reinstalling it.

This problem occurs on two different machines:

- My private one Windows 11 with some other corsair products (HS80, MM700, ST100, Dark Core RGB, Corsair Dominator and the K100)
- My business laptop: Windows 10 (Dark Core, HS80 and K100)

In the eventlog of windows I see an application error:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: iCUE.exe, Version: 4.23.137.0, Zeitstempel: 0x62583d66
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.1, Zeitstempel: 0x00e78ce9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000007dd7e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5a60
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d864fdc3144721
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: 70823fa6-e960-49dd-ac3b-8bfa032cd667
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

What can I do fix this?

If you recently downloaded the security updates for Windows 11 yesterday this may explain why iCue and other apps are crashing. iCue is listed as one of the applications affected by the update. 
https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/fix-windows-11-app-crashes-3815822/#:~:text=Version KB5013943 fixes a total,that use the .NET Framework.

5 hours ago, DRAZY said:

If you recently downloaded the security updates for Windows 11 yesterday this may explain why iCue and other apps are crashing. iCue is listed as one of the applications affected by the update. 
https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/fix-windows-11-app-crashes-3815822/#:~:text=Version KB5013943 fixes a total,that use the .NET Framework.

Unfortunatly the problem exists since last week. 

I guess I need to reach out to the support. Opened a ticket for them.

Edited by Disane

Just fiy:
Apparently a reset of the K100 (pluggin it off, pressing and holding ESC while plugin it back and holding ESC for 5 seconds) seem to solve this issue. I dont't what's the cause of this. But now it works again flawlessly on both machines even with the usb switch.

Edited by Disane

• Corsair Employee
5 hours ago, Disane said:

Just fiy:
Apparently a reset of the K100 (pluggin it off, pressing and holding ESC while plugin it back and holding ESC for 5 seconds) seem to solve this issue. I dont't what's the cause of this. But now it works again flawlessly on both machines even with the usb switch.

Glad to hear you were able to get it to work as expected.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, Disane said:

Just fiy:

Is it still working ok? I’ve bought a k100 today and have an issue where my k100 keeps disappearing at random from iCue (sometimes after a second and sometimes hours), when it does this the keyboard RGB reverts back to the hardware one rather than the one in iCue.