Corsair Community

K70 Rapid Fire RGB MK.2

Xerods

I needs a USB switch to allow me to control 3 computers with the touch of a button to switch between them. K70 Rapid Fire RGB MK.2 draws a lot of power and I have had difficulties finding one that works.

Any recommendations or requirements for a switch that will work for me.

• Corsair Employee

We do not support our devices to be utilized with any sort of USB hub/switch or KVM switches.

• Corsair Employee

We are not going to be able to advise you on what would work since its not something that is supported and likely to lead to issues.

It's a topic that has come up quite a bit. If you search "KVM" in the forum you'll see it's a tad complicated to have complex keyboards work through KVMs

Have a look at Devbiker's comment on that post for example :

If power is the issue, a simple powered USB hub will do the trick to power the keyboard connected to the KVM. But past that there may be other issues.

If it can help, I work from home too, and i switch between computers like every 5 minutes using this : https://symless.com/synergy

Worth looking at if nothing works.

It looks like you should treat this as a business opportunity and either make a KVM yourselves or add that as a feature in future keyboards.

In the mean time I guess I will just keep buying KVMs until I find one that works.