Corsair Community

Corsair LCD Screen not showing in iCUE - Red Triangle!

I've built a brand new rig today with the Corsair h150i Capelli + LCD upgrade kit, but the LCD display isn't working. Currently it is just showing a red triangle with an eclamation mark. When the PC boots, it loads normally for a couple of seconds, showing the corsair boot animation and briefly showing the temperature at 0 degrees before becoming what it is.

At first it at least showed the LCD screen, but after fiddling about (removing it to install the capelli version first and updating firmware before reinstalling lcd), it was completely removed. It used to show up in the iCUE software but wouldn't have an option for the screen settings. I searched around and saw people suggesting forcing firmware updates, which I did, but they only failed. Upon restarting after force updating the firmware, the LCD would properly show in iCUE, but then my Commander Core T wouldn't show up which meant I had no PWM or lighting control over the front intake so they were running at ma speed and rather noisey.

I've tried swapping the USB connectors around and tried using splitters, but my motherboard only has two USB slots and I need three to account for the two Commander Cores and the LCD screen. Please reply with feedback to resolve this problem once and for all, otherwise the AIO just ecessively epensive for something without the screen.

Note: My >< key doesn't work (ecks) - sorry if it makes it hard to read bits.

Setup/LCD Display & iCUE:

https://imgur.com/a/ybW0Bt8

• Corsair Employee

If you see the following error icon, it means you are experiencing a general fault.

lcd_-_general_fault_error_icon.png

The general fault error type covers all errors that are not related to the pump. These errors are typically caused by the LCD not receiving any data from the Commander CORE.

If you bought the iCUE ELITE CPU Cooler LCD Display upgrade kit, you might run into this error because your Commander CORE has not been updated to the latest firmware that supports the LCD.

Try the following to see if any of the steps solves the issue:

Push down on the 20-pin that goes from the LCD module to the Commander CORE to make sure it is fully seated; the white stripe on the plug should align with the white stripe on the Commander CORE housing.

You also want to check the 20-pin to see if any of the pins are damaged.

Give the LCD cap a light push to make sure it is in full contact with the 8-pin.
NOTE: Make sure that you only do this when the cooler is powered off, since the pump loop is sensitive to voltage inrush and can be damaged if you push the cap when the power is on.
If you have another PC, connect the Commander CORE to that PC and use iCUE to force update the Commander CORE firmware to the latest version.
If you have checked the connections and are on the latest firmware, try a full power cycle by unplugging your PSU from the outlet, press the power button several times to ensure the power is fully discharged, then plug your system back in and reboot.
As a last resort, do a full uninstallation of iCUE to remove registry keys and all files from your %APPDATA% folder, then perform a clean installation of iCUE.
NOTE: You can save your current iCUE profiles by exporting the profiles onto your computer and then importing them again once you perform a clean reinstallation of iCUE.

@Corsair Blade Things just escalated quickly. I followed each of the steps above, minus the one about plugging it into another pc since I don’t have another Pc, to no avail. I uninstalled Corsair iCUE following the steps above and replaced the LCD screen with the original capellix pump head. Strangely there was no lighting at all like it was not receiving power. I checked all the connections and they were fine. After booting into windows the fans went full tilt. I checked my cpu temps and it was at 100 degrees. The Commander Core was not showing up in iCUE and it was defaulting to the hardware settings.

To simplify: The pump is not spinning, the capellix was not lighting, and the commander core is not showing in iCUE at all after several restarts and a fresh reinstallation.

For Corsair products I’m quite disappointed by how difficult this is. It should be plug and play, but instead it’s going completely awol and it seems to be happening to many many people.

Update: I’ve just tested both the CPU fan and pump headers and they both work perfectly well, but when I plug the aio into it, it doesn’t run. I even tested plugging the aio into a sys fan header but still reports 0 rpm everywhere I place it.

I can conclude, aio pump has died in not even 3 hours of use.

• Corsair Employee
On 4/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, jc2606 said:

Update: I’ve just tested both the CPU fan and pump headers and they both work perfectly well, but when I plug the aio into it, it doesn’t run. I even tested plugging the aio into a sys fan header but still reports 0 rpm everywhere I place it.

I can conclude, aio pump has died in not even 3 hours of use.

We recommend reaching out directly to the Technical Support team at this point -- please create a ticket at the URL below:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I also have this problem and will add my comments. I also recently built a high end pc and had the same problem. Cooler worked for week and then the triangle of death as I call it. I tried absolutely everything you have read on these forums to no avail. I then out of frustration bought a second cooler and replaced in the pc. A lot of expense I know. Exactly the same problem . So I did a clean install of windows and started again thinking it could be some software problem. Installed Icue and still the red triangle. 
So I reached out to Corsair and received great service. They sent me a replacement so I tried again with a third cooler. Complete new everything. And still the red triangle. I then again tried everything on these forums. Uninstalled Icue and reinstalled. Powered down etc. But with 3 coolers and the same problem I have finally come to realise it must be the cooler itself somehow and not anything to do with my pc build. Especially with so many other users experiencing the same problem. So I think now I will just go with another brand maybe as I can no longer put up with this triangle. Sorry Corsair I love the cooler and you were very helpful but I must admit defeat. If anyone else has something to add please free. :)

• 5 months later...

So i had this same issue (pump/fans running fine, just the LCD screen not working) and tried about everything from uninstalling all of corsair icue and reinstalling, powering off/turning off the power supply and draining all power, swapping to different usb ports on my MB, removing the splitter and trying 2 USB ports on my MB, removing any additional fans from my commander(in case it was some weird voltage issue) and nothing was working. I finally found out its the cable that connects the LCD screen to the Commander. Its super finicky and just moving the wires around while it was plugged in made it go in and out of working/not working. I got it into a good angle where its working and hopefully it stays that way. The connector is terrible and doesn't snap in and falls out really easily. Hopefully this helps.

• 1 month later...

This LCD screen by corsair is a big gimmick. I never got mine to work. If you submit a ticket, they will not get back to you unless you call them. If you call them, they will say they're not taking any calls regarding tickets submitted because they have a backlog. Okay what am i supposed to do then? You guys wouldn't have this problem if you made a fully functional product and not this pos lcd cooler. Get your god damn **** together and fix this god damn issue. I always thought corsair is a good brand, but it turns out to be one big pile of crap. I'm not buying anymore corsair products until they fix this ****. And im telling all my friends and the people i know about how failure of a product this lcd cooler is.

• 3 weeks later...

I regained control over hardware screen images and gifs at least what i did was uninstall latest iCue version and installed v. 4.26.110 from uptodown website. I have tried other versions and only 4.26.110 and 4.25.155 give me control over images gifs nothing else, all other versions just show me commander core with no lcd controls within. Hope this helps someone from staring at a triangle! Merry Christmas everyone!!!1602816564_PXL_20221225_0103106331.thumb.jpg.62a97fa4b6777869d991d30f96d0be39.jpg1693876420_PXL_20221225_0044295771.thumb.jpg.cafe7790507d69d41591abc090114625.jpg413787276_PXL_20221225_0106480771.thumb.jpg.5ab3b82a73ffd1fddfef5d7919d9caf0.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 2:18 AM, J91 said:

I regained control over hardware screen images and gifs at least what i did was uninstall latest iCue version and installed v. 4.26.110 from uptodown website. I have tried other versions and only 4.26.110 and 4.25.155 give me control over images gifs nothing else, all other versions just show me commander core with no lcd controls within. Hope this helps someone from staring at a triangle! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Hi J, thanks for your post, I finally managed to show something else rather than a red triangle on this screen, have you actually managed to find a solution to this limitation?

2 hours ago, Fricc said:

Hi J, thanks for your post, I finally managed to show something else rather than a red triangle on this screen, have you actually managed to find a solution to this limitation?

Hi @Fricc now i´m not sure if you have still a problem with this or not ?

If yes, you have similar like @J91 screenshots, that the cooler will be not listed and only the Commander in ICUE ? 

Then you have also like him a general problem. Normally should not Commander listed here, it should be the AiO displayed.

Screenshot2023-03-02040456.png.a094b83efbc751c58bc7e494d269add3.png

Screenshot_20230302_040526.thumb.png.cc576edcbc20709cbe1b537855c20afc.png

If so, so i would recommend to deinstall ICUE (completely) and install it again.

Be sure, that the plug of pump/display will be full inside the commander.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

Actually with the latest icue version (4.33.138) I have the persistent red triangle and I can’t see any trace of capellix aio or lcd screen even if I updated the aio firmware before installing the lcd kit (as stated in the corsair instructions.)

spacer.png

The only way I can see a trace of the lcd kit is by uninstalling the current version of icue (I use revo uninstaller to remove any trace of icue files) and installing icue version 4.26.110 or 4.25.155 just like J91 suggested.

Here's what I se with icue 4.26.110

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In that case I managed to upgrade my lcd firmware to 2.0.0.3 but I can only set a gif for Hardware Screen, nothing else, if I enter “screen setup” I can see the different screen layout but nothing works.

After setting up a gif and closing icue the “hardware screen” kicks in and I can see the gif I’ve selected on the screen.

When I restart the pc I’m back to square one with the red triangle.

I don’ t even know if the light ring actually works because I’ve never seen it turned on..

I don’t know what to do because I’ve tried everything and I think it’s a software problem because attaching and detaching the pump cable or changing usb port on the motherboard doesn’t change anything…

if i see your screens, look like new version do it right and old not.

Your ICUE detect your commander as commander and not as AIO-controller.

So new software "disable" the LCD option. Old version show the option, also if software / hardware detect as commander and not as AIO-controller.

Did you have already tried to do a Reset of the commander (similar to the Reset of commander Pro description) ?  Additional you can find the description posted by Corsair-Employee inside forum posts.

here your screen 

Screenshot2023-03-02181721.png.5e83eb81195ba0e3f62ed282c528c9e8.png

Screenshot2023-03-02182008.png.50ab305619f161c1da5fd2622591b8e0.png

should be not Commander / Lightning Node !

It should be identificated as Liquid cooler, like my screen :

Screenshot2023-03-02181751.png.d609d569e331d641970779dcd4ac453e.png

Do you share the USB port of mainboard with any other device ?

Did you have already tested to use only the SATA power cable for this commander and not for any other devices ?

Do you use the corsair Y-cable for USB ? If yes, try without and use USB ports directly.

4 hours ago, RCE_KH said:

if i see your screens, look like new version do it right and old not.

Your ICUE detect your commander as commander and not as AIO-controller.

So new software "disable" the LCD option. Old version show the option, also if software / hardware detect as commander and not as AIO-controller.

I know but it's the only way to show something beside the red triangle 😞

Did you have already tried to do a Reset of the commander (similar to the Reset of commander Pro description) ?  Additional you can find the description posted by Corsair-Employee inside forum posts.

I haven't seen a way to reset the commander core, you mean forcing the update? 

Do you share the USB port of mainboard with any other device ?

Do you use the corsair Y-cable for USB ? If yes, try without and use USB ports directly.

Yeah I tried both connecting it directly to the mainboard and  using the splitter, none worked..

Did you have already tested to use only the SATA power cable for this commander and not for any other devices ?

I use the same sata power cable for a ssd, a node pro and the commander core, should I add another one?

4 hours ago, Fricc said:

I use the same sata power cable for a ssd, a node pro and the commander core, should I add another one?

Please disconnect the SSD (if not OS installed 😉) and Node Pro, so the commander is alone and not any influence can be happen.

The forced firmware update would be also a  good idea to try, but was not was i have meaned. So please try this forced firmware update.

The description of Commander Pro followed, for this Commander similar. Of course also like the description from Corsair do this without running CPU. So do this with second PC if available or disconnect the power cables for CPU/mainboard.

Screenshot_20230303_033547.png.167907dfd5d8343e5340a381b8e479a9.png

At followed description of Corsair it´s a different between english and german version. In english Version is written, that conflicts if one of this Tools is not up to date. In german version is written if these tools installed/running. So, do you have one of these installed ? If its so and also if its up to date, please try whats happen if you deinstall these.

Screenshot2023-03-03034759.thumb.png.0629df62ff762a7a4e8ebcddaebbe07e.png

Just to be sure, all these Corsair tips you have already done ?

Screenshot_20230303_034041.thumb.png.b93b760d12c1712744e4251e80c59421.png

Please for all these further test, use the newest/actual ICUE version.

and at last if all these points before give not any new findings, contact the Corsair customer Support, like they write.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Screenshot2023-03-03040556.png.02bd094686e0214e3605489299174f46.png

please let us up to date 😉

On 3/3/2023 at 3:53 AM, RCE_KH said:

Please disconnect the SSD (if not OS installed 😉) and Node Pro, so the commander is alone and not any influence can be happen.

The forced firmware update would be also a  good idea to try, but was not was i have meaned. So please try this forced firmware update.

The description of Commander Pro followed, for this Commander similar. Of course also like the description from Corsair do this without running CPU. So do this with second PC if available or disconnect the power cables for CPU/mainboard.

At followed description of Corsair it´s a different between english and german version. In english Version is written, that conflicts if one of this Tools is not up to date. In german version is written if these tools installed/running. So, do you have one of these installed ? If its so and also if its up to date, please try whats happen if you deinstall these.

Just to be sure, all these Corsair tips you have already done ?

Please for all these further test, use the newest/actual ICUE version.

Tried all your suggestions this weekend but sadly nothing worked, exhausted I put back the old pump head and noticed that now it's dead as well...

Asked fr a rma for the capellix and I'll send the lcd back to amazon, this product is such a joke...

Thank you so much RCE_KH for your help and patience btw!!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I, like many others, bought this unit. Not an upgrade. Just the top of the line corsair aio. Because I like corsair, I trust corsair. 

No longer.

After a year of owning and horrible support at time of purchase. I can now say that if you want to liquid cool go somewhere else. 

Today I finally got fed up with not having a display.  I went to the forums, it's been another year, maybe it's resolved. No, this company has done nothing to solve the issue. 

I pushed it in. Pulled it out. All the sexual inuendos one could think up I performed. 

Now not only does the screen not work. The pump has failed. 

This is utter garbage. From a well trusted company. This is total garbage. Do not buy.