Corsair Community

Does not work with DualDDR!

nzo

I Just bought 2x 512 mb Value Select pc3200 400 mhz sticks, before i had 2x 256 same speed with dual ddr.

I Replaced my old sticks with the new ones in hopes that they would work, but no. I Have tested both sticks single and they work perfect, i have also tested both sticks together without DualDDR and im running it perfectly now.

I Have also cleared cmos and tested again without any luck, anyone have a tip ?

MOBO: Abit NF7-S

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the exact model# of your memory module; along with the CPU speed, and its FSB as well? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I Have a AMD 2500+ Barton running at 1.9 ghz, 200mhz * 9.5

Memory timings "By SPD", have tested "normal". I Have the latest biosversion avaliable installed.

Where do i find the memory id ?, on the stick ?

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the modules installed on either slots 1&3 or 2-3; make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, load Setup/Optimized default settings and try the following BIOS settings;

VS1GBKIT400 or VS512MB400

Softmenu SetUp

CPU Operating Speed: User Define

CPU Freq: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100% or 1:1 or 3:3

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

Memory Timing: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200/9600/9800) or NVIDIA (5200/5700/6600/6800) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived