Corsair Community

RTX 3080 connection with RM750x

Dear all, 

I have a question regarding the optimal way to connect an RTX3080 with an RM750x

My psu have only 2 8pin connections and the GPU has 3x8 pin. 

I found the following image at a post online, describing the way to connect gpus like that to PSUs with only 2x8 pin connections.

Does anyone knows if it is indeed an appropriate way, as I do not want to destroy both my PSU and GPU. (I found a similar advice to seasonic's website, but I wanted to make sure that it is the same way with corsair PSUs)

spacer.png

• 5 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 2:04 PM, Dimitris82 said:

Dear all, 

I have a question regarding the optimal way to connect an RTX3080 with an RM750x

My psu have only 2 8pin connections and the GPU has 3x8 pin. 

I found the following image at a post online, describing the way to connect gpus like that to PSUs with only 2x8 pin connections.

Does anyone knows if it is indeed an appropriate way, as I do not want to destroy both my PSU and GPU. (I found a similar advice to seasonic's website, but I wanted to make sure that it is the same way with corsair PSUs)

spacer.png

hello, does none know an answer?

Yes it works like this. but a 3080 shouldn't need 3 PCIE cables anyway, so there's no harm in using a pigtail and a 8 pin.

Also, the RM750x has 4 slots for PCIE and EPS12V cables, so you could run 3x8 pins and not use a pigtail at all. That leaves one EPS12V for the CPU which is perfectly fine for anything existing as of today