Corsair Community

corsair a7200 prebuilt restarting when starting up games.

I received my computer late January and exclusively played league and valorant. However, when Lost Ark released in NA (where I reside); I downloaded it in hopes to play only to have my computer restart right after it launched.  Sometimes I don't even get to the main menu, other times I can play for 5 minutes (15 minutes being the longest) only for it to shut down again. Downloaded Elden Ring, Apex, and COD Warzone where all experience the same issue. However, I've only experienced it with RDR2 once and it never happened again. I ran heating and memory tests and they came back normal. Updated drivers, installed clean version of windows, and nothing. I attempted installing the latest BIOS update from Corsair's website but I couldn't update it because it was supposedly an older version despite it having a new built date and downloading straight from the website. I called tech support and they were able to send me a replacement only to my dismay: the same issues occurred. I really don't know what the issue could be and it's just past the 30 day return policy. I just want to play my games if anyone could help. Thank you.

I have the same issue and it is disheartening to hear that a replacement did not fix your issues.

Luckily, I am within the return window so I can take this back. I also tried installing the latest BIOS update from MSI to no avail as Corsair locks these motherboards. Please keep us updated if you find any fix to this, or if Corsair ends up helping out!

2 hours ago, klorb said:

i'm also having this issue but only with elden ring, can someone from corsair please address this?

update: someone in another thread here found the solution, you have to update your bios by doing ctrl + alt + t in the bios menu to go in to flash mode because the latest file doesnt actually show up in the mflash menu, after i did that i've been able to play elden ring for a few hours so far with no issues!

Man im about to buy my a7200 and I stumbled in here and these problems are scaring me. I just can't get yself to buy this pc. Did you guys fix your systems and figure it out!? Im literally buying this pc just for Elden Ring and I jeep seeing people having issues with their new vengeance pcs. What's going on? I cant buy until I feel like there are answers to these issues.

On 3/27/2022 at 3:09 AM, Margit, Tarnished Lambhead said:

Man im about to buy my a7200 and I stumbled in here and these problems are scaring me. I just can't get yself to buy this pc. Did you guys fix your systems and figure it out!? Im literally buying this pc just for Elden Ring and I jeep seeing people having issues with their new vengeance pcs. What's going on? I cant buy until I feel like there are answers to these issues.

I just bought an  a7200 with ryzen 5600x and 3060 ti all you have to to is update bios the way described above, i play elden ring and it fixed all the crashes,   also you might have to enable wake from usb devices in bios , if you use sleep

Can someone help me with the updating BIOs process? When I get the download from the Corsair website and extract it I get an .ACE file? Is that normal? I know updating BIOs can be very tricky and dangerous if not done properly

1 hour ago, RRed_ said:

Can someone help me with the updating BIOs process? When I get the download from the Corsair website and extract it I get an .ACE file? Is that normal? I know updating BIOs can be very tricky and dangerous if not done properly

Yes

Got mine last week. Was running great, then Apex started restarting my PC. Tried everything under the sun. Nothing was working. Or only fixed the problem for a day. Thankfully I looked here and yup the Bios update fixed my problem. Thank you guys. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 12:11 AM, klorb said:

update: someone in another thread here found the solution, you have to update your bios by doing ctrl + alt + t in the bios menu to go in to flash mode because the latest file doesnt actually show up in the mflash menu, after i did that i've been able to play elden ring for a few hours so far with no issues!

This doesn't seem to be working for me, maybe i am missing something. Is there a more in depth tutorial i can find to update my bios this way? I downloaded the BIOS file from the corsair website onto an empty FAT 32 drive. When i enter my BIOS, ctr + alt + t doesn't do anything. No pop-up or anything. If i try to update through the M-Flash method, my pc tells me that the BIOS im trying to update to is an older version even though the listed build date is a year newer. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

You do not download software to the flash drive.  You extract the BIOS file to the top folder after formatting your drive in fat32.  Once you are in the main menu of BIOS you press ctrl+alt+t on our MSI board systems to get to the proper flashing tool page then point it to the flash drive.

If you need further help please reach out to our support team at Corsair

• 3 months later...

make sure your USB drive is formatted in FAT32.

Depending on the motherboard manufacturer, USB drives formatted in NTFS or exFAT don't work for flashing bios

Edit : silly me, didn't see Corser Fer said it already 🙂

Edited by LeDoyen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, mattred321 said:

Im having this issue, tried updating BIOS but it says not correct BIOS or it displays the file but when I click on it it displays empty. I extracted and formatted correctly. Please help.

20221007_203041.jpg

20221007_203047.jpgim 

Im In this same exact place. Ive tried it all and I can't flash the bios 

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

You are stuck in that screen due to navigating to the flash tool by clicking on the GUI. If you navigate to the flashing tool directly from the BIOS then the flash will not work.

Please make sure to follow this guide - How to: Update the BIOS on a CORSAIR Vengeance or CORSAIR ONE with an MSI motherboard – Corsair

The very important step is step 7.

Press CTRL ALT T; this is a shortcut to open a flashing tool to update your BIOS.