Corsair Community

Win 11 Equalizer and surround sound not working on Virtuoso RGB SE

4 hours ago, Corsair Mikimbin said:

A new version has been released, which fixes the equalizer issue in the new Windows 11 build. Be sure that you update to 4.30

The update may not be immediately available within iCUE, however, can be downloaded from our website

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Hi @Corsair Mikimbin

As i said in the last post, still not working. Really sad this situation.

My Virtuoso still looks like an extremely low quality headset.

Ok, i had to uninstall and reinstall and now apparently the problem is solved.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:08 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Got a big and exciting update for all of you.  We are releasing the latest version of iCUE (v4.30.162) which has a fix for this issue.  Appreciate the patience while we worked to get this out to you.  You should begin getting a prompt in your iCUE app to update soon, or you can download separately through the link below once available.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Please let us know your feedback if this behavior persists after performing the update.

still no equalizer with the new icue 4.30.162 so it seems another headset from another brand now, still no help here and we DONT have intel sst

• Corsair Employee
7 hours ago, klausbn said:

still no equalizer with the new icue 4.30.162 so it seems another headset from another brand now, still no help here and we DONT have intel sst

Ensure that you're doing a complete reinstall, as other users reported the same, but was fixed with a full reinstall. If the issue persists, please do create a ticket and let us know so that we can dive further into this issue with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention, Uninstalling Icue before installing 22H2 worked flawlessly for me, no issues so far.

Hello again!! I have a solution that has worked for me, by test and error with services and drivers I found that our Windows11 device places a generic driver even though it is correctly identified, it is only to change it to the Corsair driver, I show you how:

1. Right click on the windows logo, click on devices manager.

2. We go to Sound, video and game controllers, now right click on our Corsair Virtuoso and click on update driver.

4. In this window we select Browse my computers for drives.

5. Now we click on Let me pick from...

6. Here we select the CORSAIR Driver, click Next to install, there is no need to restart, for me all of the iCUE software already worked.

Note: U need be a Administrator Local ;)

Tell me if it works for you, and if you need any support I'm available ;)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 9:35 AM, GladeMonty said:

Hello again!! I have a solution that has worked for me, by test and error with services and drivers I found that our Windows11 device places a generic driver even though it is correctly identified, it is only to change it to the Corsair driver, I show you how:

2. We go to Sound, video and game controllers, now right click on our Corsair Virtuoso and click on update driver.

6. Here we select the CORSAIR Driver, click Next to install, there is no need to restart, for me all of the iCUE software already worked.

Note: U need be a Administrator Local 😉

Tell me if it works for you, and if you need any support I'm available 😉

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Was really excited as no solution provided by Corsair in these forums has worked for me, but this one did... for a bit. I turned on Windows Spatial Audio to note the difference between that and my iCUE equalizer, but when I turned that setting back off there was no longer any effect from the changes I make in iCUE. I tried this solution again and this time it is not working. There's no way I'm still the only one with this issue right?

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, GladeMonty said:

Note: U need be a Administrator Local 😉

Tell me if it works for you, and if you need any support I'm available 😉

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

OMFG THIS ACTUALLY WORKED.  I have the Virtuoso XT RGB and have been dealing with this issue on and off for months! TYSM!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 THIS SHOULD BE PINNED! Im using the latest icue software 5.5 and this issue is still persistent. It seems iCUE fails to install the driver correctly even though it's included with the package. 

Screenshot 2023-08-31 001209.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 001528.png

Edited by TitanOne
Adding mor context

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the issue has returned for the Void Elite Wireless headset. Updated Windows 11 last night (just a typical Windows update) and now the Equilizer, Surround, etc. are not working. I also updated some iCUE software items last night (Firmware, I guess?), and my NVidia GPU drivers, so hard to pinpoint which of these has pissed it off.

I dug through this forum and followed along with what many others tried, but no luck. My only guess is this W11 update has caused something to go wrong in the drivers? Not sure, really.

Anyone else having trouble with their headsets recently?

9a830876b81ecd15e2ddf2a05c74c56f.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:54 PM, Rikasu said:

Was really excited as no solution provided by Corsair in these forums has worked for me, but this one did... for a bit. I turned on Windows Spatial Audio to note the difference between that and my iCUE equalizer, but when I turned that setting back off there was no longer any effect from the changes I make in iCUE. I tried this solution again and this time it is not working. There's no way I'm still the only one with this issue right?

Do it the proccess again, set the driver of windows and restart your PC, and do it again but whit the Corsair virtuoso driver ;) 

On 8/30/2023 at 10:13 PM, TitanOne said:

OMFG THIS ACTUALLY WORKED.  I have the Virtuoso XT RGB and have been dealing with this issue on and off for months! TYSM!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 THIS SHOULD BE PINNED! Im using the latest icue software 5.5 and this issue is still persistent. It seems iCUE fails to install the driver correctly even though it's included with the package. 

The problem is that Windows wants to force its audio driver, so you must switch to the Corsair driver manually.

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:13 AM, TitanOne said:

Thank you for your discovery, this worked 100%.