Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

If I manually force the LCD update to newest revision, it works fine for about 2 seconds then reverts back to the exclamation point. Has anyone ran into this? I have tried everything thing and am quite frustrated that this has not been resolved. It’s been two months for me and have never had a correctly function LCD screen. 

I build my machine all around Corsair parts and it’s just this LCD screen that refuses to cooperate. Any suggestions on how to remediate this. 

37 minutes ago, mmiikkee13 said:

If I manually force the LCD update to newest revision, it works fine for about 2 seconds then reverts back to the exclamation point. Has anyone ran into this? I have tried everything thing and am quite frustrated that this has not been resolved. It’s been two months for me and have never had a correctly function LCD screen. 

I build my machine all around Corsair parts and it’s just this LCD screen that refuses to cooperate. Any suggestions on how to remediate this. 

unfortunately all they want us to do is create an RMA and send back the "defective part". Even though we've already paid to have it shipped to us now we have to pay to send it back. Something similar happened to me i sent my cooler in and the sent me a refurbished one.  Fixed the triangle but did not fix my current issue of no screen control. 

3 hours ago, Fractureguy said:

unfortunately all they want us to do is create an RMA and send back the "defective part". Even though we've already paid to have it shipped to us now we have to pay to send it back. Something similar happened to me i sent my cooler in and the sent me a refurbished one.  Fixed the triangle but did not fix my current issue of no screen control. 

You do know they normally send you a shipping label for returns right? 🤔😂

Update has so far got rid of my triangle of death... 

But I cannot change from the corsair standard gif that comes with the software. Anyone else had the same? I didnt do a fresh install, just updated to 4.2.6

1 minute ago, hbojack said:

Update has so far got rid of my triangle of death... 

But I cannot change from the corsair standard gif that comes with the software. Anyone else had the same? I didnt do a fresh install, just updated to 4.2.6

Cancel that, power cycle and it returned. Wow, this has been a real bad purchase

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fractureguy said:

well in my case they didnt and it explained in the RMA process that i would have to pay to return it so i did.

They did for me with the fans that I’ve had to return 

• Like 1

well, with all these updates I can now see the settings for the LCD.

I can set the 'hardware screen' - which is only visible if I do a 'restart' and not a full shutdown - i get only the red triangle there.

I can set the 'screen setup' for the LCD, but changing it never does anything as i can only see what's selected on the 'hardware screen' setting.

After the 4.26 update and lcd pump firmware update :

Finally i got the screen setup and hardware screen options in icue.

The red triangle went away for 2 seconds, i got the temp image for 2 sec on my lcd...

Red triangle is still there. If i restart of full shutdown, it doesn't matter...

Corsair please fix this, this is a software problem, not a hardware problem, RMA will not fix this...

5 minutes ago, SKoTN___ said:

After the 4.26 update and lcd pump firmware update :

Finally i got the screen setup and hardware screen options in icue.

The red triangle went away for 2 seconds, i got the temp image for 2 sec on my lcd...

Red triangle is still there. If i restart of full shutdown, it doesn't matter...

Corsair please fix this, this is a software problem, not a hardware problem, RMA will not fix this...

Step by step we are getting there 🙂

4 hours ago, SKoTN___ said:

Step by step we are getting there 🙂

I think you're exactly where I am.  If you look in the iCue startup logs there are errors, so I think the system still thinks iCue isn't running, even though you can still manipulate the screen via the Commander Core.  If there's ring lighting, I still can't touch that, as the screen still doesn't show as an independent item in iCue.

Yeah, I just wish Corsair could be more transparent about the fixes.  I have worked in this industry all my life and I know they could easily just say the fixes being put into each version and not commit to any one of them and the public wouldn't cancel them for missed/skipped ones.  We aren't THAT pitchfork-y.

Hello friends, have you been struggling with your Elite LCD screen? Have you triple checked all your connections, followed all the advice in this forum, and still getting "red triangle of death" or the screen working momentarily on boot / forced software update? Are you closing and reopening iCue just to display the changes to the Hardware Screen? Or intermittently working from power cycling? Other strange issues, and thinking of an RMA? I was suffering all of these problems on a brand new build, and became worried after browsing this thread, but Majestic12 on page 8 delivered the solution with pictures.

implore you to once again check the 24 pin connector into the Commander CORE! It plugs in a lot further than you would expect, in fact it was the single hardest connection to fully seat in my life. Find a little piece of metal to push the plug to the bottom, it nearly bottoms out in the Commander CORE.

I wonder how many RMAs have occurred because an extremely tight socket for this plug? Corsairs probably getting all these perfectly good AIOs returned and they are scratching their heads because the Commander CORE on their test bench has been well used and easy to fully seat the connection.

All credit to Majestic12 on Page 8, and please do post if this has helped you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you check the pictures on page 8? My went a bit futher. I do physical labor for work, and it took all my strength to seat it fully. It's easier to take apart 50 year old seized iron with hammer wrenches than fully seat that connection. I tried it and gave up and first, then 2nd time I gave it my all and it went twice as far in. Upload a picture of your connection if you are certain its in all the way!

12 minutes ago, Redminchuna said:

Did you check the pictures on page 8? My went a bit futher. I do physical labor for work, and it took all my strength to seat it fully. It's easier to take apart 50 year old seized iron with hammer wrenches than fully seat that connection. I tried it and gave up and first, then 2nd time I gave it my all and it went twice as far in. Upload a picture of your connection if you are certain its in all the way!

I'll be trying this tonight and see what results I get I'll push down on it hard while I have my friend at the PC, if it works, I'll zip tie it down lol.

Sounds good, let me know! 

I just can't stress enough how difficult it was to push it down all the way. Extremely tight socket. I would have bet everything I own that it was fully seated. I don't think I could ever unplug it now though. Make sure you use a little piece of metal or something to push down on the connector, no way you could do it with your finger/fingernail. 

I did this while my PC was off, restarted it and it has worked perfectly for the last week with no issues. It was so weird have the screen work for 2 seconds on boot or forced software update, like a 50/50 chance of getting red triangle or hardware screen on boot, getting 0 temp reading sometimes when the hardware screen would show, 50/50 chance of showing up in iCue... just a struggle. Now everything is perfect, I get all the fancy screens and they instantly change when selecting them in iCue or switching iCue profiles.

If you try this and it doesn't work, please upload a screenshot of your connection. The only reason I was able to push that hard on a connection because I was at my wits end and ready to purchase something else.

Well that did nothing for me but short/break my commander core unit trying to plug it in lol.  So now I definitely have to RMA the commander core lol.  I did notice the core is EXTREMELY finicky, line is I barely touched it or moved it, it would disappear and reappear in icue.  

Well, I just built my new pc with a h170 lcd elite. Everything works properly, except the LCD screen.

What happens

I turn on the pc, I get the white corsair gif animation which means that it succesfully booted, then I get the black background, white letter static corsair logo on it. When I get to the lockscreen I get the red triangle, what I currently do is ignore it, go into iCue and change the image to what I like. The pump is working, the fans are working, and there seems not to be any serious issues. Can I ignore it, and everytime I start up my PC just change the image on the LCD, and keep on using the computer? Or maybe there's a deeper issue within this problem. Have no clue what to do, gamed for a couple of hours yesterday (doom eternal on ulras) didn't have any cooling problems, my i9 12900k was running at 75c with ultras/raytracing enabled inside of the game itself. 

And I wasn't surprised at the temps because the CPU itself is pretty hot.

Great! Updated icue and my H150i lcd to be greeted by a red triangle.

corsair, can you please provide the files necessary to roll back this mess! How does this pass testing.

this is clearly software not a hardware issue

Edited by scottroberts91
  • Like 1

I thought id lucked out with my h150 elite lcd as it worked perfectly for almost a month but yesterday after applying an ICUE update it began flickering erractly. 

Restarted pc and icue refuses to register the cooler only showing it as a commander core instead. Ive now tried every solution i possibly can find but nothing has helped 😞

Have raised a support ticket but am waiting to hear back. Gutted. 

7 hours ago, Sergeant said:

Well, I just built my new pc with a h170 lcd elite. Everything works properly, except the LCD screen.

What happens

I turn on the pc, I get the white corsair gif animation which means that it succesfully booted, then I get the black background, white letter static corsair logo on it. When I get to the lockscreen I get the red triangle, what I currently do is ignore it, go into iCue and change the image to what I like. The pump is working, the fans are working, and there seems not to be any serious issues. Can I ignore it, and everytime I start up my PC just change the image on the LCD, and keep on using the computer? Or maybe there's a deeper issue within this problem. Have no clue what to do, gamed for a couple of hours yesterday (doom eternal on ulras) didn't have any cooling problems, my i9 12900k was running at 75c with ultras/raytracing enabled inside of the game itself. 

And I wasn't surprised at the temps because the CPU itself is pretty hot.

What are your idle temps?  When I game my CPU doesn't get over 60c, however it could be the game.  90c is when the CPU will thermal throttle, so 75c should be fine.  My idles are mid to high 30's.

17 hours ago, Redminchuna said:

Mine is that level of secure.  I am pretty sure this issue is more to do with the code problem corsair hasn't fixed yet.  The teaser of a fix for the last 3 months for me.

5 hours ago, seikojin said:

What are your idle temps?  When I game my CPU doesn't get over 60c, however it could be the game.  90c is when the CPU will thermal throttle, so 75c should be fine.  My idles are mid to high 30's.

Ive a 12900k with a h150i and also dont see gaming cpu temps above 60. Idles around 30 too. 

Edited by Chris.Walker