Corsair Community

LS100 Light Strip Connection/ICUE Setup

Hello,

I am planning out a new build. This build will have 5 LL140MM RGB Fans, a 280MM 150i Capellix RGB ICUE water cooler..........and I would also like to add 5 LS100 450mm Light Strips and 1 LS100 250mm light strip positioned in various locations inside of the case.

I would like to install a Commander Core XT because I like how everything (PWM/RGB) is packaged together. This will cover all the connections necessary for my fans. My question is what to do about the cooler and the strip lights........

- Can I connect my cooler fan and RGB cables into the "6th" port of the Core XT (I'll have one slot available).

- Does anyone know how many LS100 strip lights can be connected into the "isolated" RGB port of the Commander Core XT?

- If the Commander Core XT, by itself, cannot support the number of strips (6 total) that I would like install, what would be some additional options to add more strips and still be able to control everything through ICUE.

Your assistance is appreciated. I apologize for my previous post as I wasn't very clear on what it is that I am trying to accomplish. I hope this clarifies it better.

You can do 5 450mm strips on the Commander Core XT. You won't be able to add the additional 250mm strip.

You will still need the Commander Core from the Capellix cooler. It's different from the Commander Core XT and the XT cannot be used to control the pump. So your fan connections aren't an issue - you'll have 6 more from the Capellix Commander Core.

You'd be better off, I think, using a Lighting Node Pro - that should be all you need for the strips. Unfortunately, finding one standalone isn't always possible ... but you might have one if you got the LL fans in a multipack!

Thanks for your quick reply……..

So If I use a separate lighting mode just for the light strips…..will ICUE recognize both devices……..the Commander Core and the lighting node?

thanks

Also…..is this setup assuming I am connecting the lighting node to a separate USB port/hub?

Thanks

Yes, iCUE will see them as separate devices. And you will need another internal USB Port for the LNP.

Thanks for your help…..it looks like I’ll run all of the RGB fans off of the included Core of the Cappelix and the use an additional lighting node pro for the strip lights. I already have a NZXT internal USB hub that I can use to run both off of the same MB usb 2.0 port. Great info. Thanks again!!!!

Out of curiosity….do you know how many strips I can connect to each of the 2 channels on the LNP?

It depends on the strips. One if these days, someone will have to map all of the permutations that it allows.