Corsair Community

5000D Airflow AIO/Fan Questions

SkykingUSA

I just got a 5000D Airflow case and am wondering where to put my 360 CPU AIO radiator.  Can the AIO be attached to the front such that the fans are towards the front of the case and the radiator is towards the inside of the case?  If so, I'd like to put the AIO in the front pulling air in.  Then put a fan at the top and a fan at the back both pushing air out.

If the radiator can't be attached to the front with the fans towards the front of the case, then I would probably put the radiator at the side pulling air in with the fans towards the inside of the case.  In this setup, I would also have a fan in the front pulling air in, and a fan in the back pushing air out.  The top would have no fans.

What do you think?

you can install the fans wherever you like on the radiator, front or back, push or pull, you decide how you install 🙂

Suggest you place the radiator in the top of the case. If you place in the front of the case with the tube connections at the top, it can cause air bubbles to collect in the top and reduce effectiveness while increasing noise. Gamers Nexus channel on YouTube has videos on the correct placement of the AIO radiator. Just my two cents. I am sure there are people that install in the front with the tube connections at the top with acceptable results.

The above is ONLY true if your CPU is on the same level (aka even with) the barbs on the radiator.  This really only happens with certain small form-factor (SFF) motherboards.  Otherwise, it does not matter where you put the rad.  Place it where it makes the most sense or is appealing. 

The only place an AIO rad should not be placed is BELOW the CPU (on the same level as the PSU in the 5000D for example).  With so many other choices for placement this should be a non-issue.