Corsair Community

Any good gaming mice exist out there?

BugEyedBugger

It sure seems about impossible to find a good gaming mouse nowadays. I've returned 2 other Corsair mice that had problems and now this one is about to get returned. I had to replace my Logitech mouse only because of their software. Now, I keep having to return Corsair mice only because of their hardware.

This Ironclaw Wireless was pretty good but after about a week, the left mouse button is rubbing up against the DPI changing buttons. The right is good as all I can hear is the clicking. The left sounds like a squeaky floorboard being walked on over and over and there is some resistance. Right now, I'm having to push the button at a diagonal direction away from the dpi buttons and that's making my finger so tired.

Are their any good gaming mice out there? I've returned the Dark Core as it wouldn't work if plugged in and I've returned the M65 as the LMB was stuck down (or visa versa, can't remember). I'm hoping to stay with Corsair as I have a Corsair keyboard and headset and would like to use one program to control them, but the Best Buy here is pretty limited on what they carry.

Any recommendations from anyone? I mostly play FPS games so I don't want a mouse with a million buttons on the side. I guess if I have to order one, I will. I just need a good gaming mouse!

You've run through quite a few already.  The only higher tier model left is the Nightsword.  If you were using a G502 before, this will be a familiar shape.  It will be a pinch grip for most people, unless you have very small hands.  It is wired and the rubberized scroll wheel is smooth in action.  

Nightsword is also more angular than the G502, but you'll only know if you like the grip by trying it. If you like iCUE, then that's the one i'd recommend too 🙂

Maybe have a look also at the M65 Ultra, that features optical switches. By design it shouldn't suffer the curse of the failing switches that affects pretty much every manufacturer that uses those "50 million clicks" Omron switches.

it was a dud. some people can't use them unplugged, i've seen that a few times on the forum. I believe they got a USB dongle sent through RMA. Happens..

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I think I will try the m65 Ultra again. I did return that one but it had a stuck LMB. I really do like the look of it and it felt good.