Corsair Community

No Hardware mode for MM700 RGB?

Hi there just a quick question as not sure this is a bug

When buying the MM700 RGB in December, I noticed there was no Hardware mode available.

Why is this? Only asking as when putting my pc into standby, I normally turn all my ICUE lights off to extend the LED lifetime, but I'm unable to do this for the MM700 which is quite annoying. There isn't an option to turn off the lights in the hardware mode on the devise box too.

6ac313eb2449d219a9dce4468e5ab86b.png

The device doesn't have the capability to do hardware mode.

However, if you want to turn it off, there is a little button on the back of the controller.

14 hours ago, DevBiker said:

The device doesn't have the capability to do hardware mode.

However, if you want to turn it off, there is a little button on the back of the controller.

I tried doing this with the button but there is no option to turn it off completely, there is only options to change colours/cycles

8 hours ago, Exclusive_ said:

I tried doing this with the button but there is no option to turn it off completely, there is only options to change colours/cycles

No ... it's something with that button. I set mine long ago and now it just turns off when I shut down. Maybe keep pressing the button?

On 2/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, DevBiker said:

No ... it's something with that button. I set mine long ago and now it just turns off when I shut down. Maybe keep pressing the button?

yeah the lighting turns off when shutting down the pc, so as all other of my icue lighting.

I mean when putting your computer in standby CTRL + L.

Not a problem if this isn't possible 🙂

15 hours ago, Exclusive_ said:

yeah the lighting turns off when shutting down the pc, so as all other of my icue lighting.

I mean when putting your computer in standby CTRL + L.

Not a problem if this isn't possible 🙂

I don't think that it's possible.

Honestly, I'd like to see iCUE not disengage when you lock the screen. But as much as I've requested that (and to be able to connect and control iCUE remotely via Remote Desktop), the iCUE team doesn't see this as a priority, hasn't seen it as a priority for a couple of years, and I doubt that will change moving forward. But one can hope.

That, for me, was the biggest and most important functionality that we had in Corsair Link that we don't have in iCUE.

• Like 1