Corsair Community

WaterCooler h150i LCD Pump Failure

(Translated)

Hello.

I purchased a WaterCooler H150i LCD, but it has a PUMP FAILURE problem (ICUE error) after careful installation. I looked for possible solutions on the web however it seems to me that nothing works. It’s extremely frustrating to receive a product with a flaw seen in the first few moments. I've disconnected cables, switched ports, switched cable directions, but it doesn't seem like a problem I can solve.

I was still looking for solutions on Google, Reddit, Corsair Forum etc, but nothing solved the “PUMP FAILURE” problem.

Some points to be taken into consideration, since it doesn't seem like a pump failure, as the PC is cooled down.

1 - PC startup is slow. It takes about 30/50s between pressing start to the Desktop. I have already disconnected cables and wires to see if there would be any possible interference, but with no success.

2 - After completely turning the PC off and on again, the WaterCooler works normally for a few seconds and returns to the pump failure error. (blinking red lights, showing an image of a fan on the LCD and its fans at full speed)

3 - After forcing firmware update through ICUE, WaterCooler works again, but returns to the same pump failure error after few secs.

4 - The WaterCooler is making a low “buzz”, but it is there. I can't tell if it's the model or a defect.

5 - I have already updated the BIOS and Windows. I have an Asus Z690 Hero and an Intel i9-12900k.

6 - I tested the PC start only with my old AirCooler connecting to CPU_FAN (Watercooler was connected to CPU_FAN), PC turned on in seconds. About 20-30 seconds until the Desktop. No BIOS error messages. Whenever I turn on the PC with the AIO there is an error message regarding the fan speed.

I already requested the product’s exchange, but the company will only collect it on Monday. Thought I'd bring my case here to see if anyone has anything to say about or know more about this error.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, sometimes failures happen.

However, one suggest that I'd make is to try reseating the LCD. I've had cases where the LCD connection to the pump doesn't seem to stay 'secure' and that can show as a pump failure. From the sounds of what you are describing, I don't think that this will help but it may be worth a try.

DO NOT let it boot to Windows. Boot to the BIOS and monitor the CPU temp there. Your slow boots may be due to thermal throttling and that would be obvious in the BIOS screen; no need to boot to Windows for that.

Hey!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Actually the temps are pretty good in the BIOS and ICUE.

The pump seems to be working, however I am having these issues. To check if my MoBo was failing or something, I just plugged the FAN from my AirCooler in the CPU_FAN head and the PC booted much faster and without the error I was getting with the AIO (Fan speed error).
Of course I had an error message regarding the temperature and I just turned it off (It was just a test to check the MoBo).

Tried everything or almost everything. 
I also unplugged and plugged the LCD, but no changes at all. 

I believe the slow start could be something related to short circuit, but I am no expert.

Maybe should be something wrong with the Commander Core. 

Guess I will have to wait for the replacement.

Thank you again!

You did not mention that you were getting a CPU Fan warning from the BIOS. The 3-pin fan connector on the cooler should be connected to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. That should handle the CPU Fan warning. (Please don't say that you connected it to the AIO header ...)

19 hours ago, celo122 said:

Of course I had an error message regarding the temperature and I just turned it off (It was just a test to check the MoBo).

What do you mean "of course"!? What error regarding temperature? In the BIOS? If you say that temps are "good in the BIOS and iCUE", then why are you getting an error regarding temperature and why, especially, do you think it's "of course"? And what do you define as "good temperatures" in the BIOS and iCUE?

There are a lot of statements here that appear either contradictory or just don't make a whole lot of sense. I'm trying to parse it to help you but it's tough.

19 hours ago, celo122 said:

I believe the slow start could be something related to short circuit, but I am no expert.

No, it's not going to be related to a short circuit. Not even close. First, most PSUs (except for the very worst ones) will detect and halt the system on a short circuit. Even the Magic Exploding G*****te PSUs that recently made the rounds halted on a short circuit. Second, in the event that they don't do that, things get hot, melt, smoke, and sometimes catch fire. A short circuit does not cause a "slow start".

Hey!

Well, sorry if I didnt made myself clear. English isnt my main language and sometimes I have some trouble to express some things.

I connected the WaterCooler to the CPU_FAN. I was getting some sort of error related to the FAN speed. Thats because once I turn my PC on (and after few secs) I have the AIO blinking red and the FANs at full speed with some figure in the AIO LCD Screen. When the BIOs screen shows up theres an error related to the FAN speed. I also checked FAN speed in the BIOs but didnt helped at all. I did not connected to the AIO head. Instructions were clear.

About the temperature error message that I mentioned. I decided to check if my AirCooler would fix that Speed Error in the BIOS screen (I thought it would be good to discard a possible problem in the MoBo). At the first start it went straight to the Windows Login. Pc booted faster and without any issues.

Now I remember that the temperature message has nothing to do with it. Actually it wasnt supposed to mention it here, sorry for the confusion. Instead of turning off the PC I remember that I missclicked to restart the system (my desk was completely messy. was a miss click lol). The CPU Temperature displayed after this reset and I just turned the PC off manually. 

And I got it regarding the short circuit. Just an guess from a friend. Thanks for claryfing it. 

Once again I apologize for the trouble and thanks for your time!

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, celo122 said:

(Translated)

Hello.

I purchased a WaterCooler H150i LCD, but it has a PUMP FAILURE problem (ICUE error) after careful installation. I looked for possible solutions on the web however it seems to me that nothing works. It’s extremely frustrating to receive a product with a flaw seen in the first few moments. I've disconnected cables, switched ports, switched cable directions, but it doesn't seem like a problem I can solve.

I was still looking for solutions on Google, Reddit, Corsair Forum etc, but nothing solved the “PUMP FAILURE” problem.

Some points to be taken into consideration, since it doesn't seem like a pump failure, as the PC is cooled down.

1 - PC startup is slow. It takes about 30/50s between pressing start to the Desktop. I have already disconnected cables and wires to see if there would be any possible interference, but with no success.

2 - After completely turning the PC off and on again, the WaterCooler works normally for a few seconds and returns to the pump failure error. (blinking red lights, showing an image of a fan on the LCD and its fans at full speed)

3 - After forcing firmware update through ICUE, WaterCooler works again, but returns to the same pump failure error after few secs.

4 - The WaterCooler is making a low “buzz”, but it is there. I can't tell if it's the model or a defect.

5 - I have already updated the BIOS and Windows. I have an Asus Z690 Hero and an Intel i9-12900k.

6 - I tested the PC start only with my old AirCooler connecting to CPU_FAN (Watercooler was connected to CPU_FAN), PC turned on in seconds. About 20-30 seconds until the Desktop. No BIOS error messages. Whenever I turn on the PC with the AIO there is an error message regarding the fan speed.

I already requested the product’s exchange, but the company will only collect it on Monday. Thought I'd bring my case here to see if anyone has anything to say about or know more about this error.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!!

I had the same problems.

Have you plug the 20 pins correctly?

It is really hard to plug!