Corsair Community

DFI and Corsair Value select

Praetorian

Hi everyone,

here is my first post :)

I have a DFI DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D Bios version 3.10 with Corsair Value Select DDR 2X512 Mo PC3200 (CAS 2,5).

HDD : Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 SATA - 80 (System)

Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 SATA - 250 (Data)

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939

PSU : Fortron FSP500-60THN Blue Storm

So far I had no issue while installing windows XP SP1 or SP2 but after installing the Nvidia driver, the complete package 6.53, my system become instable, freeze, crash or I get BOSD.

I have change the RAM settings from 2.7 V to 2.8 or 2.9 with CPC on or off but nothing worked. The DFI-Street forum is saying the Corsair Value select cannot work with this board but I don't want to use another RAM. I love Corsair and I don't have the money to buy anything else.

I after one week without sleep trying to solve this problem, I have test the Ram, Change the power supply for a 24 Pin 500W but nothing worked. I am ready to kick myself out of the windows, so I hope you could help me to sort this out.

Thanks for your help, bios settings or recommandations. Please :[pouts:

Did u already test the memories one at a time using memtest? Or try to get into bios & choose load optimized default before go to Windows?

You can learn more about DFI nF4 in the following link:

Not permitted please see forum rules

• Corsair Employee

ferry_g

Please do not promote another memory maker on this site, if that happens again I will be forced to ban you. (This is a official warning!)

Praetorian

DFI has there own user forum sponsored and supported by the manufacturer.

DFI Street.

But if you are not getting errors with memtest there is a good chance that the memory is not the problem. You might try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Ram Guy,

I'm sorry, but that link is only discussion about people using DFI nF4 series and has collection of newest beta bios, & guide to using DFI nF4. And that link is not an official memory manufacturers site. The thread title is : DFI NF4 SLI-DR, SLI-D, Ultra-D thread. Almost like DFI street. Did u already check that site?

Yes, it is consist users using others memory brand including Corsair and it's just like DFI Street! So I don't understand why you so "angry" about this. :confused:

Once again, I'm not promoting other's memory here and I myself using Corsair!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Praetorian,

Put the Corsair VS in orange slot (Slot 2-4)

I've tested a pair of Corsair VS CAS 2.5-3-3-8-1T/2.6v (Load Optimized Default) in my DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR and found no problem using Seagate Sata, Winnie 3000+, Leadtek PX6600GT TDH (Pure Version), ASUS EN6600GT/TD/128M/A, Gigabyte NX66T128D VGA, ASUS optic drives using nForce 6.53 & ForceWare 71.89. Please make sure all cables are good & compability between your mobo, IDE/SATA drives, & VGA you are currently use.

• Corsair Employee

ferry_g

That forum is one of our competitors sites they use to promote and support there products. I am sorry but I cannot allow that. Please see the forum rules.

I do know you are one of our customers and have helped a lot of people, but please be understanding. This is a Corsair Only section of this site.

Hello Guy's,

Dear Ram Guy, can you please help me ? I don't know what I could do to set the DFI to work with my 2X512 value select Corsair PC3200 (orange slot). Could you please give me any advice or Bios set up ? Are you aware of any issues between NF4 drivers and memory chips ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello Guy's,

Dear Ram Guy, can you please help me ? I don't know what I could do to set the DFI to work with my 2X512 value select Corsair PC3200 (orange slot). Could you please give me any advice or Bios set up ? Are you aware of any issues between NF4 drivers and memory chips ?

Thanks for your help.

What is your vga? You didn't mention that. Did u test the memories at least 3 pass? I've really had no prboblem using Corsair VS.

Hi,

My GPU is an Asus Extreme AX300/TD. The memory test has been successfully tested on memtest.

it could also be an issue with the board. If you never had trouble installing NF4 full package drivers, it could be my DFI. Did you install the all nvidia package ?

What is your default RAM settings ? DFI said the value select can't work with the board, what is your point of view ?

Thanks.

Hi,

My GPU is an Asus Extreme AX300/TD. The memory test has been successfully tested on memtest.

it could also be an issue with the board. If you never had trouble installing NF4 full package drivers, it could be my DFI. Did you install the all nvidia package ?

What is your default RAM settings ? DFI said the value select can't work with the board, what is your point of view ?

Thanks.

Praetorian, Corsair VS is 100% with DFI.

I'm using same bios as you stated above (310) and installed the modules in orange slot.

When first time you enter the bios, please select load optimized default, and type Y. Save and exit. Leave all other settings to default at 1st time.

I'm using nForce 6.53 & ForceWare 71.89 drivers. Did u try already choose "No" or "Yes" in IDE SW driver?

I suspect it might not compatible with your Hitachi drives. Did u install the nForce driver 1st instead of VGA driver?

Hi ferry_g,

I tried changing the drivers ordering and it didn't change anything but you are not so far from the truth as I am also suspecting an issue with the IDE SW Nvidia driver. I am starting to believe here is the problem. Can you tell me if you installed the IDE SW driver ? What is you HDD spec. ? I am using Hitachi Sata Deskstar HDD, I going to the web site to see if I can find anything about this.

Ferry_G I am realy happy to have you on my side. Thanks for you support.

Praetorian

Hi ferry_g,

I tried changing the drivers ordering and it didn't change anything but you are not so far from the truth as I am also suspecting an issue with the IDE SW Nvidia driver. I am starting to believe here is the problem. Can you tell me if you installed the IDE SW driver ? What is you HDD spec. ? I am using Hitachi Sata Deskstar HDD, I going to the web site to see if I can find anything about this.

Ferry_G I am realy happy to have you on my side. Thanks for you support.

Praetorian

Praetorian,

I'm using Seagate ST3120026AS (SATA 120 GB) and having no issue when I choosed "Yes" under IDE SW Nvidia Driver. You might try "No" so it'll using WinXP default IDE driver. BTW you better install WinXP SP2. You should try installing nForce driver 1st instead of vga. I guaranteed that Corsair VS is compatible with DFI nF4 series, cause I've tried them also in SLI mode. :biggrin:

Archived