Corsair Community

K100RGB not powering on/often recieves no power/constant having to replug

My Laptop is an ASUS ROG GL552VW

so i own an older laptop and i use a usb type A to C connector switch as i only have 1 usb 3.0 port on my laptop, and 3 usb 2.0 which i use for my controller/mouse/external hdd

Some days this product just works amazingly after one or two reconnects and other days it just refuses to reconnect properly and still never shows up on ICUE, which dosn't hurt too much i think im running the latest firmware on it but its hard to tell when icue stops recognizing it after anywhere from never seen it to at most a few minuets

Do you connect both USB from the KB? Since there is lots of RGB on those, it has to connect both USB to get enough power and even that's it not sure it gets enough. Like on my K95P, I have to connect the signal USB to my motherboard so I can use it and the other USB to a USB power outlet, else the keyboard shuts down due to low power.

What you can do to test this: When you have the keyboard connected and working, if you then apply all white to all RGB, does the light dim down? Does teh cap lock light dim down? This is how I saw my KB didn't get enough power, for when I had my RGB on full power, then I so my cap lock, num lock light dim down.

Not sure if this is the case for you, but worth a check.

20 minutes ago, Conver said:

Do you connect both USB from the KB? Since there is lots of RGB on those, it has to connect both USB to get enough power and even that's it not sure it gets enough. Like on my K95P, I have to connect the signal USB to my motherboard so I can use it and the other USB to a USB power outlet, else the keyboard shuts down due to low power.

What you can do to test this: When you have the keyboard connected and working, if you then apply all white to all RGB, does the light dim down? Does teh cap lock light dim down? This is how I saw my KB didn't get enough power, for when I had my RGB on full power, then I so my cap lock, num lock light dim down.

its deffiently worth a check can i use a normal usb power outlet or do i need one of those powered usb hubs that are ment the be extensions of the computer?

35 minutes ago, Conver said:

its deffiently worth a check can i use a normal usb power outlet or do i need one of those powered usb hubs that are ment the be extensions of the computer?

so i belive i have a corroupted driver it finally registered on the Icue 3 and showed an error mark on the driver part, i think when i tried to update the driver it ********ed up and disconnected it mid update

thru iCUE 4, you can force firmware update :)

And it just needs to be a power outlet, not connected to PC (it can tho). as long as the main USB is connected for signal to your PC, the other one can be pure power (but if you use the extra USB port on the KB, if it has one, like the K95P does, then you wont be able to use it, as it will only have power and no signal to the PC.

4 minutes ago, Conver said:

thru iCUE 4, you can force firmware update 🙂

And it just needs to be a power outlet, not connected to PC (it can tho). as long as the main USB is connected for signal to your PC, the other one can be pure power (but if you use the extra USB port on the KB, if it has one, like the K95P does, then you wont be able to use it, as it will only have power and no signal to 

4 minutes ago, Conver said:

Yeah that was a problem when i initially got it and tried to firmware update it, it just dissappeared 

1 hour ago, Conver said:

thru iCUE 4, you can force firmware update 🙂

And it just needs to be a power outlet, not connected to PC (it can tho). as long as the main USB is connected for signal to your PC, the other one can be pure power (but if you use the extra USB port on the KB, if it has one, like the K95P does, then you wont be able to use it, as it will only have power and no signal to 

1 hour ago, Conver said:

Yeah that was a problem when i initially got it and tried to firmware update it, it just dissappeared 

Yeah its not keeping a solid enough connection still ICUE 4 isnt noticing jt even with power to it 

I'm on my way to bed, but if your still having the issue tomorrow, I'll gladly do a session with you to debug it :)

• Corsair Employee
On 1/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, Typhoeus said:

My Laptop is an ASUS ROG GL552VW

so i own an older laptop and i use a usb type A to C connector switch as i only have 1 usb 3.0 port on my laptop, and 3 usb 2.0 which i use for my controller/mouse/external hdd

Some days this product just works amazingly after one or two reconnects and other days it just refuses to reconnect properly and still never shows up on ICUE, which dosn't hurt too much i think im running the latest firmware on it but its hard to tell when icue stops recognizing it after anywhere from never seen it to at most a few minuets

Sorry for not getting to this thread sooner. We officially do not recommend / not support using our keyboards with any kind of third-party hub or passthrough due to their power and data throughput requirements. This is going to result in that 'flickery' bit you're experiencing.