Corsair Community

Double clicks when single clicking: Harpoon RGB Pro mouse

I recently began seeing this extremely annoying issue: The mouse double clicks when I am single-clicking. I'm running iCUE 4.14.179 under Windows 10 21H1. This issue occurs even when iCUE is not running. I have no other software that messes with the mouse.

Since this happens with both the left and right buttons, I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I've already tried removing all the "HID-compliant mouse" drivers and forcing them to be re-installed.

I'm not sure the firmware is at fault, but I think the issue started after I updated the mouse to firmware v3.12. Is there a way I can obtain the previous firmware version so I can revert to it? I'm not seeing it available for download.

• Corsair Employee

I recently began seeing this extremely annoying issue: The mouse double clicks when I am single-clicking. I'm running iCUE 4.14.179 under Windows 10 21H1. This issue occurs even when iCUE is not running. I have no other software that messes with the mouse.

Since this happens with both the left and right buttons, I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I've already tried removing all the "HID-compliant mouse" drivers and forcing them to be re-installed.

I'm not sure the firmware is at fault, but I think the issue started after I updated the mouse to firmware v3.12. Is there a way I can obtain the previous firmware version so I can revert to it? I'm not seeing it available for download.

Hi crosspatch,

I've gone ahead and converted this into a support ticket on your behalf. I've alerted the support team, and they should reach out soon regarding a firmware flash for that device. 

I'm having the same issue with the Dark Core Pro RGB on icue 4.15.153 with the 5.0.41 firmware/5.4.99 dongle. 

Button response optimization improves it somewhat but it still multiclicks a bit too much to be easily usable. 

The issue with my mouse is now resolved, after reverting to Harpoon RGB Pro firmware v3.11.

Also, for some reason, the method of updating the firmware by unplugging the mouse, pushing the pinhole button while plugging it in (to mount the mouse's flash storage as a drive in Windows), and then manually copying the desired firmware to the flash storage, did not work. It bricked my mouse and also prevented iCUE from seeing it.

Instead, what worked for me was flashing the v3.11 firmware using iCUE 4.

For anyone who tries the pinhole method of applying firmware, I urge you to move the existing firmware (Firmware.bin) to your computer, rather than simply deleting it from the mouse's mounted flash storage. Doing this is the only reason I was able to revert to the v3.12 firmware and have a functional mouse that I could then update with iCUE. Had I simply deleted the v3.12 firmware from the mouse, iCUE would not have recognized it afterward, and the mouse would now be trash.

Thank you to Corsair Blade and Corsair Fer.