Corsair Community

Corsair one boots back up after shutdown

Jackloco

I'm at my ropes end. Love the computer except the lack of fan curves and shut down issues. I can't remember when it started but I think my Corsair one i180 has always sporadically had issues shutting down. Ive done every trick in the book, even reinstalled windows and bios updates. But sometimes it'll have a bad week of never wanting to turn off. Fast startup didn't do it, shift power no, checking local windows files, etc. I can't be the only Corsair one issue. I can't find any videos replicating this issue and support didn't know either. I reach out to the awesome Corsair community for help on this one. 

On 8/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Jackloco,

So after it shuts down it immediately boots back up?

Maybe there's a short on the PWR SW pins or the button itself. How comfortable are you with opening up the system?  Have you already reached out to support? 

I am comfortable opening the computer as i have done for the SSD addition and cleaning. However, i do not feel comfortable opening the PSU. It boots back up after the PSU clicks off, so it seems like it does a full boot down but something triggers it. 

Ah okay, I was in contact with support and double checked all of the software side issues. It's random, like just now I was able to shut it down without it booting back up. So i am not sure if it's the pins but i have never worked on pulling pins from an active turned on comp for shorting out reasons.