Corsair Community

Corsair ICue does not detect my H115i RGB Platinum AIO and HX850i PSU

Jose Aguirre

Hello Corsair Community, 

I am having trouble with my Icue software not detecting my H115i RBG Platinum AIO or Hx850i PSU. I believe both units are discontinued and probably haven't had a driver update. I recently upgraded my CPU from an AMD Ryzen 2700x to a AMD Ryzen 9 5900x on my Asus Crosshair Vii Hero Wifi motherboard (Bios version 4402). I was running an older bios version and with the latest Icue software version  (4.14.179) and old CPU and everything was fine. My motherboard only has one USB 2.0 connector. Everything is connected to an commander pro hub and I've disconnected all the hubs and usb cables and plugged them back in and still no luck. 

The AIO is turned on and both fans are spinning I believe in quiet mode. RGB is on. Icue software does detect my RAM, Commander Pro and other Corsair peripherals.  In windows under device manger it mentions the the usb has malfunctioned and is unrecognized. I've uninstalled Icue and done a driver flash with no results. I am thinking about upgrading my AIO since this one is a bit noisy, but if I can get it to work then there is no need to. 

I have disabled Aura LED in the bios and uninstalled any asus rgb programs like Armory Crate and any drivers that could be conflicting with the Icue software. I am running out of options here. I had both units for two years now. Maybe the USB cable failed or any internal components? Any possible software or program that is preventing the driver or usb to be recognized? I appreciate your help and time. I have opened a support ticket.  

The best thing for you to do is to get a powered USB hub - the NZXT one is popular and many users here (including myself) have one (or more).

This is an issue between the CoPro USB hub and the AMD chipset/USB ports.

Edited by DevBiker

I actually have an NZXT usb usb hub that connects via molex on the PSU. Unfortunately the device is still unrecognizable. 

3 hours ago, Jose Aguirre said:

I actually have an NZXT usb usb hub that connects via molex on the PSU. Unfortunately the device is still unrecognizable. 

You have both the Commander Pro and the PSU connected to the hub? Are other devices on the hub recognized? What if you connect one (or both) of them directly to the motherboard?

Also ... have you installed the drivers for your chipset? It sounds like a new build so if you've not done that, definitely do so.

Both AIO and PSU are connected to the Usb hub on the commander pro. My motherboard only has one usb header. So I can only connect one. I do have the AMD Ryzen Master drivers, but ill check on the chipset. 

I thought you said that you had the NZXT hub and it didn't work?

The Commander Pro USB hub has known and well-documented issues with the USB headers on Ryzen boards.

I have the NZXT hub, but I do not use it. Both the AIO and PSU is connected to the two usb hubs on the commander pro. Regarding your last reply I've had this build for two years now. I just installed the new chipset drivers. I can control the fans and rgb on both fans and ram. I am guessing there is no updated drivers for the aio or psu unit I am currently using, unless I downgrade back to the Ryzen 7 and flashback the old bios. I appreciate your help!

Best-J   

Since you have the NZXT hub, try putting that in and connecting the AIO and the PSU to it. There have been so many issue with the CoPro on AMD chipsets that this has become almost the default. Personally, I've been using one for years now and don't have these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dev, 

I'm still getting in touch with Corsair. My question is can I daisy the NZXT to my commander pro? My motherboard only has 1 Usb 2.0. I want to connect the NZXT Internal USB Hub to my motherboard and use the first usb 2.0 slot to connect my commander pro and use ports two and three to connect the AIO and PSU. Would I possibly short or burn doing something like this? My ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) has 1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s), but it says it supports two additional ports and I contacted Asus and they said no. I really don't know what to do. How else will I power my fans? I have a total of six. Three intake and three exhaust. I really don't want to plug them in to my motherboard and avoid more cable mess. 

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vii-hero-wi-fi-model/spec