Corsair Community

K100 - changing profiles with wheel?

Hello friends... I find it really odd that the K100 doesn't seem to have a wheel action built-in to change icue profiles!?

Can this be accomplished with the wheel? There is a "change profile" ACTION, but no "change profile" HARDWARE ACTION that I see... and it seems I can only assign hardware actions to the wheel.

The profile-changing button next to the wheel is nice.. but... it only goes one way. It SHOULD be that I can hold down that button and then turn the wheel to move forwards or backwards through the profiles.... but alas.

New to icue, so sorry for being ignorant. Thanks!

Thank you. I did think of that but couldn't get anywhere... Today I noticed the "Assign" option for the profile switcher. I was able to bind forwards and backwards change profile actions to PRTSC and PAUSEBREAK keys. The keys work as intended. I then created hardware action macros "FORWARDS" and "BACKWARDS" that each are set to a macro to fire off the corresponding mapped key (keystroke). I then assigned the control wheel hardware actions to "FORWARDS" and "BACKWARDS". Doesn't do anything. =D Even if it did, the issue I see is that the control wheel actions appear to be profile dependent. I don't see any option to make them universal across all profiles... so even if it did work it would break after changing the profile once. = ( I'd have to set that on all of them... I think. I'm new at this. Thanks!

Have you try creating a change profile action and bind it to some specific key first then create a hardware action to activate that specific key.

Have you try creating a change profile action and bind it to some specific key first then create a hardware action to activate that specific key.