Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT High-Fidelity Gaming Headset

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

For our first headset of 2021, we've got a major one! Introducing our new flagship headset, the VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT is our most dynamic headset yet. Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Simultaneous dual-wireless connections via 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth® 5.0 with Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, so you can have a a wire-free connection to your PC or mobile device wherever you go.
  • 50mm high-density neodymium speaker drives that'll deliver impeccable sound, which may be paired with Dolby Atmos on PC to immerse you into your games and hear everything with three-dimensional precision.
  • Offering SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, Bluetooth, USB, or 3.5mm connectivity options, the VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT is able to connect to virtually any device - PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and mobile!

Click here for more information. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: How long does the provided Dolby Atmos subscription last for?

A: For the lifetime of the headset! There's no code necessary, just install Dolby Access from the Microsoft Store and your headset will show in the application's "Products" tab. You can double-check if Dolby Atmos is enabled by right clicking the sound icon at the bottom right of your task bar and select "Dolby Atmos for Headphones" from the extended spatial sound options.

Q: What else is included with the VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT?

A: The VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT comes with a cross-stitched and padded storage pouch, USB-C to USB-A cable, and a 3.5mm cable with an inline controller for convenient access to volume and mute controls. If you're using the 3.5mm cable, make sure you connect the end with the headset tag to the headset itself!

Q: What's Qualcomm aptX HD?

A: Paired with Bluetooth 5.0 and a compatible aptX HD device, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD codec delivers 24-bit HD audio wirelessly over Bluetooth and has been engineered to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in lower background noise. In other words, you'll be able to enjoy studio quality music when using your VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT on-the-go!

Image 1.png

What do you guys think about the new VIRTUOSO?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big middle finger to the beta buyers of the first version.

I disagree. I have an SE and just picked up the XT at Best Buy. It's like if you bought a 2021 Ford Bronco, the 2022 version is going to be slightly better. Sorry that you don't want Corsair to innovate their products but this is how businesses work.

• Corsair Employee
I disagree. I have an SE and just picked up the XT at Best Buy. It's like if you bought a 2021 Ford Bronco, the 2022 version is going to be slightly better. Sorry that you don't want Corsair to innovate their products but this is how businesses work.

Dang - you picked up a VIRTUOSO XT real quick! How's your experience so far, kevjtro?

This looks great.

I had to return my original Virtuoso because of the crazy clamping pressure.

Does the XT have any changes to padding/clamping?

Also, does the Bluetooth connectivity work with 4.0 devices?

The XT has improved headband comfort and increased ear cup padding (2mm).

Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0/4.1/4.2. You just won't be able to take advantage of the 24-bit HD audio over Bluetooth.

I ordered the Virtuoso XT the same day it was announced, got it the next day. Unfortunately, it has this "white noise" or "hiss" that some headsets have, that my Virtuoso SE does not have, and that my Virtuoso and Void Pro RGB did not have. I was wondering if this was just the way it is with the Virtuoso XT? Even when on and the received not plugged in it still had the hiss, even with the volume at 0. It also seems the volume going up DOES increase the hiss. I tried pairing bluetooth and then turning down the volume to 0 there just to test. Mic volume 0, sidetone 0, and just couldn't get the hiss/white noise to go away. If this is the case, it's a shame, because the Virtuoso XT would be a winning product otherwise. Super comfortable AND the bluetooth functionality was perfect for any work calls.

Do you have to use ICUE for this or will it work without. Also if I don't use ICUE what features would I be losing out on

iCUE is not required to use the headset, but:

1) You have to use iCUE to set your RGB profile - you can set a profile/color/turn it off and it will save after closing iCUE, though.

2) You'll lose EQ control. However, since this headset comes with Dolby ATMOS via the Dolby Access app, there is a custom EQ setting in Dolby Access you can use to EQ without iCUE, with or without virtual surround. iCUE's EQ settings don't apply when ATMOS is enabled anyway.

3) iCUE is required to set up multipoint, if you want to use that. I was going to use multipoint myself, but I use the headset with both a PS5 and PC. Multipoint is not supported on Playstation - there's a Playstation mode and a multipoint mode for the dongle. Also, you have to use the audio dongle for multipoint, can't use the dongle that came with your mouse, which pretty much makes multipoint useless for me. Multipoint was one of the main features I was excited for (and a driving factor for the upgrade), but there are still too many gotchas it would seem. Logitech has had this figured out for quite some time with their unifying receivers, so not sure what's taking Corsair so long.

• Corsair Employee
Picked mine up today, and it is a HUGE improvement.

Congratulations on grabbing 'em! What's the most noticeable improvement(s) for you?

Hi

when and where will it be available in Europe?

You can check CORSAIR authorized resellers here. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA on availability.

I ordered the Virtuoso XT the same day it was announced, got it the next day. Unfortunately, it has this "white noise" or "hiss" that some headsets have, that my Virtuoso SE does not have, and that my Virtuoso and Void Pro RGB did not have. I was wondering if this was just the way it is with the Virtuoso XT? Even when on and the received not plugged in it still had the hiss, even with the volume at 0. It also seems the volume going up DOES increase the hiss. I tried pairing bluetooth and then turning down the volume to 0 there just to test. Mic volume 0, sidetone 0, and just couldn't get the hiss/white noise to go away. If this is the case, it's a shame, because the Virtuoso XT would be a winning product otherwise. Super comfortable AND the bluetooth functionality was perfect for any work calls.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue - I'll be PMing you to look into this.

Do the ear pads for the SE also work with the XT?

Yes, you can use the SE's earpads with the XT. Gently rotate clockwise to remove.

Do you have to use ICUE for this or will it work without. Also if I don't use ICUE what features would I be losing out on

You do not necessarily require iCUE, but will miss out on features such as sidetone volume adjustment, customizable lighting, battery gauge, and firmware updates. You'll still be able to use Dolby Atmos and its customizable EQ via Dolby Access. Sidetone can still be enabled and disabled by pressing the VIRTUOSO's mute button for a few seconds and releasing it afterwards.

Also, you have to use the audio dongle for multipoint, can't use the dongle that came with your mouse, which pretty much makes multipoint useless for me.

The VIRTUOSO's wireless dongle has different hardware - you'll notice it's a larger size than the SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS dongles provided with our mice. The VIRTUOSO's wireless dongle provides the most ideal connection to simultaneously support multiple SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS devices and maintain minimal latency.

Edited by Corsair Albert

The VIRTUOSO's wireless dongle has different hardware - you'll notice it's a larger size than the SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS dongles provided with our mice. The VIRTUOSO's wireless dongle provides the most ideal connection to simultaneously support multiple SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS devices and maintain minimal latency.

I understand that, but the real problem is I can't use multipoint and Playstation simultaneously. If I could have multipoint enabled on my PC then pop it into my Playstation, I'd have no complaints. But as it sits, if I want to go from my PC to my PS5, I have to put the dongle in Playstation mode, flip my mouse over to bluetooth (since multipoint is now disabled...also requires another a BT dongle in my case), put the dongle in the PS5, then reverse the steps when I want to use it on my PC again. It's a clunky solution that just doesn't make sense to use unless you're strictly on PC.

Also, we need a good wireless mechanical keyboard that uses Slipstream to really complete the set. The only Slipstream keyboard available is rubber dome. I'm currently using a K63 Wireless with the lapboard. If Corsair would make a wireless Slipstream RGB mechanical keyboard that locks into the K63 lapboard, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

You do not necessarily require iCUE, but will miss out on features such as Sidetone, customizable lighting, battery gauge, and firmware updates. You'll still be able to use Dolby Atmos and its customizable EQ via Dolby Access.

Any update on when sidetone will be fixed for Virtuoso headsets? It's too quiet at max volume, and is basically unusable. It's been a complaint for a long time now across the forums, I've read, and still hasn't been fixed on the XT. You can't really advertise that as a feature if it plain doesn't work. The sidetone on my HS70 works fine, not so on the XT I just purchased.

Edited by c00lkatz

• Corsair Employee

Any update on when sidetone will be fixed for Virtuoso headsets? It's too quiet at max volume, and is basically unusable. It's been a complaint for a long time now across the forums, I've read, and still hasn't been fixed on the XT. You can't really advertise that as a feature if it plain doesn't work. The sidetone on my HS70 works fine, not so on the XT I just purchased.

Have you tried creating a new profile to see if sidetone works? Also try pressing the VIRTUOSO's mute button for a few seconds and then releasing afterwards. This enables/disables sidetone without requiring iCUE (which I just remembered and have edited my previous post). Feel free to PM me for further assistance.

Hi, will these be fully functional/compatible with icue v3? Or do they require the latest v4. Asking as I currently cannot update to v4 due to using the h100i v2

Thanks

iCUE 4.11.274 is required for the VIRTUOSO XT.

Dang - you picked up a VIRTUOSO XT real quick! How's your experience so far, kevjtro?

The XT has improved headband comfort and increased ear cup padding (2mm).

Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0/4.1/4.2. You just won't be able to take advantage of the 24-bit HD audio over Bluetooth.

I love it! The slight upgrade in comfort and the Atmos license is a huge bonus. Bluetooth connectivity sold me on upgrading so it was a no brainer for me.

I love it! The slight upgrade in comfort and the Atmos license is a huge bonus. Bluetooth connectivity sold me on upgrading so it was a no brainer for me.

How’s the sound over Bluetooth? As good as over Slipstream or USB?

My Steelseries Arctis 7's stopped charging this past weekend so I ordered the original Virtuoso's off Amazon (non SE), then saw these XT's at best buy so bought them too. Comparing the two side by side there is literally no difference in the amount of cushioning to the headband or the ear cups on mine. This is "improved comfort"? I can wear my Arctis 7's for 8 hours and completely forget I even have headphones on. I want to rip these XT's off 10 mins after wearing them. Feels like someone is trying to crush my skull (clamping force) and standing on my head (lack of band cushioning) at the same time. Additionally in Bluetooth mode I can't make a call on my iPhone 11 using the headset, only answer a call that comes in which makes no sense to me. It is a shame because I love the way these headphones sound after adjusting either the icue EQ or the Dolby Access EQ. Now I could try to find replacement earpads with more cushioning and modify the headband to have more cushioning, but for the $270 premium I feel that should not be necessary.

Have you tried creating a new profile to see if sidetone works? Also try pressing the VIRTUOSO's mute button for a few seconds and then releasing afterwards. This enables/disables sidetone without requiring iCUE (which I just remembered and have edited my previous post). Feel free to PM me for further assistance.

I will look into it when I get home. Last I tried, I'm pretty sure I changed profiles, but I'll create a fresh new one and see if it does anything.

I have tried holding the mic button for a few seconds. Sidetone does toggle. I can tell when it's enabled, because there is more background noise, like on the HS70, but I can just barely hear my voice through the headset. My own "internal voice" mostly blocks me from hearing myself through the headset, and with ANY kind of audio actually playing through the headset, my voice through Sidetone is completely inaudible. So it's not that Sidetone isn't engaging, it's that it's so quiet, it's unusable, basically as if it were off.

Edited by c00lkatz

Just got an XT this week and also have weak sidetone. HS70 sidetone was fine. Already tried pretty much everything that has been suggested for the SE but still have a weak sidetone. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Edited by snap_

• Corsair Employee

Happy to hear the comfort is noticeably better for you!

My Steelseries Arctis 7's stopped charging this past weekend so I ordered the original Virtuoso's off Amazon (non SE), then saw these XT's at best buy so bought them too. Comparing the two side by side there is literally no difference in the amount of cushioning to the headband or the ear cups on mine. This is "improved comfort"? I can wear my Arctis 7's for 8 hours and completely forget I even have headphones on. I want to rip these XT's off 10 mins after wearing them. Feels like someone is trying to crush my skull (clamping force) and standing on my head (lack of band cushioning) at the same time. Additionally in Bluetooth mode I can't make a call on my iPhone 11 using the headset, only answer a call that comes in which makes no sense to me. It is a shame because I love the way these headphones sound after adjusting either the icue EQ or the Dolby Access EQ. Now I could try to find replacement earpads with more cushioning and modify the headband to have more cushioning, but for the $270 premium I feel that should not be necessary.

It's difficult to visually notice the padding difference, but there is 2mm of increased ear padding. The XT's headband is also more flexible.

I will look into it when I get home. Last I tried, I'm pretty sure I changed profiles, but I'll create a fresh new one and see if it does anything.

I have tried holding the mic button for a few seconds. Sidetone does toggle. I can tell when it's enabled, because there is more background noise, like on the HS70, but I can just barely hear my voice through the headset. My own "internal voice" mostly blocks me from hearing myself through the headset, and with ANY kind of audio actually playing through the headset, my voice through Sidetone is completely inaudible. So it's not that Sidetone isn't engaging, it's that it's so quiet, it's unusable, basically as if it were off.

Just got an XT this week and also have weak sidetone. HS70 sidetone was fine. Already tried pretty much everything that has been suggested for the SE but still have a weak sidetone. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Thanks for chiming in, guys. We'll be looking into the sidetone volume. If anyone else is experiencing weak sidetone, it's worth trying using the VIRTUOSO XT on a separate profile in iCUE.

Hi Corsair want to say thanks for making a great headset been loving it overall. I had a few questions one thing I noticed is that if I have it plugged in and turn in Dolby Atmos the max I can set it to is 24 bit 48000hz if I turn off Dolby Atmos I can switch it to 96000hz at 24bit. Is there anyway of having both Dolby Atmos and 96000hz? Also I notice a hiss noise on wireless with Dolby Atmos and the wireless signal cuts off if I move just slightly. This never occurred on the Virtuoso SE version that I have. Is this something you're looking into? One other thing that is strange is lots of times the computer won't register that the headset is plugged in through USB and I'll have to restart it or unplug then plug back in a few times for it to notice. Overall the sound quality is phenomenal on PC and PS5 and it's more comfortable then the SE. I was wondering if you're looking into these things and will fix in the future with a firmware?

• Corsair Employee
Hi Corsair want to say thanks for making a great headset been loving it overall. I had a few questions one thing I noticed is that if I have it plugged in and turn in Dolby Atmos the max I can set it to is 24 bit 48000hz if I turn off Dolby Atmos I can switch it to 96000hz at 24bit. Is there anyway of having both Dolby Atmos and 96000hz? Also I notice a hiss noise on wireless with Dolby Atmos and the wireless signal cuts off if I move just slightly. This never occurred on the Virtuoso SE version that I have. Is this something you're looking into? One other thing that is strange is lots of times the computer won't register that the headset is plugged in through USB and I'll have to restart it or unplug then plug back in a few times for it to notice. Overall the sound quality is phenomenal on PC and PS5 and it's more comfortable then the SE. I was wondering if you're looking into these things and will fix in the future with a firmware?

Hi DrZ,

Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately, 8-channel/96000 Hz is not supported with Dolby Atmos. What firmware version is your VIRTUOSO XT and its USB dongle running? Are you connecting your headset to a direct USB port and not a hub/dock?