Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance a7200 BIOS updates

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do these BIOS updates not contain some sort of readme indicating why we should install them?

I am looking forward to Re-Size BAR support. Does this BIOS update include this support?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about that. I've been focused on the USB situation only, but I don't know if this'll help indicate if it has been fixed or not. unknown.png

You can further confirm RBAR support by downloading HWInfo and looking for the microcode version, AGESA ComboAM4PIV2. 1.2.0.0 and above have RBAR support.

I must say it’s good to see Corsair doing the right thing, although it was incredibly frustrating to see the complete and total lack of commitment leading up to it. While I don’t regret ripping the board out and replacing it with something better, I do wish there was a public acknowledgment of the issue, which probably would have caused me to keep the board that was in there. Either way, nice to see.

Yeah fixes seem to happen like once in a blue moon and I do agree that they should keep everyone well informed about this stuff so customers won't have to be forced into buying a different PC part, returning the PC too soon and/or sending a disappointed response.

Just wanted to thank Corsair and their employees for getting this bios update out. Just now updated and the process went smoothly following the instructions posted above by NPCNL(thank you). Had another usb disconnect yesterday before installing it and that was the last straw. Nervous about updating bios but no problems. Will let everyone know if my issues are fixed or not after trying it out for about a week at least. Thank again Corsair and happy gaming fellow posters!

• 5 weeks later...

Installed the latest Bios today, went smoothly, first time updating a BIOS but ive built two PC's before so i was sweating it out during the update.

With all that said, is the resizable BAR or w/e its called turned on by default?

Thanks for making the update available Corsair

• 2 months later...

Got  my a7200 yesterday (9/9/21), installed a couple games, updated windows and various drivers and my computer would randomly disconnect and try to reconnect the USB devices I have plugged in when playing games: keyboard, mouse and headset. Also found out it would disconnect/disable my wifi adapter.

I tried going to the power management tabs on the USB root hubs and network adapter to uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

The mouse and keyboard seem to stay connected now, but I'm still having issues with the  headset and  wifi. I tried to update the BIOS only to find that I already have the most up to date version (E7C56AZ1.ACC is the filename).

I already uninstalled a lot of the bloatware and I'm tempted do uninstall ICUE even though I already disabled it.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated. I love the build quality of the PC, but I'm already REALLY disappointed with the issues I'm already having. I would have to have to return it.

PS: I just submitted a support ticket for the issues as well

Edited by csun22

23 hours ago, csun22 said:

Got  my a7200 yesterday (9/9/21), installed a couple games, updated windows and various drivers and my computer would randomly disconnect and try to reconnect the USB devices I have plugged in when playing games: keyboard, mouse and headset. Also found out it would disconnect/disable my wifi adapter.

I tried going to the power management tabs on the USB root hubs and network adapter to uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

The mouse and keyboard seem to stay connected now, but I'm still having issues with the  headset and  wifi. I tried to update the BIOS only to find that I already have the most up to date version (E7C56AZ1.ACC is the filename).

I already uninstalled a lot of the bloatware and I'm tempted do uninstall ICUE even though I already disabled it.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated. I love the build quality of the PC, but I'm already REALLY disappointed with the issues I'm already having. I would have to have to return it.

PS: I just submitted a support ticket for the issues as well

Sure that the Driver issue with Wifi 6 Apdater. I experienced the same with my system (not a7200)

On 9/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, Rubik2022 said:

Sure that the Driver issue with Wifi 6 Apdater. I experienced the same with my system (not a7200)

Did you also have an issue with your USB devices disconnecting? They all failed at the same time. I tried updating my drivers but that didn't seem to do the trick.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the vengeance a7200 pre built. everything seems to be working great but when trying to launch warzone from battle net, it crashes the whole pc. no error code or bsod.

I had read from several people on reddit that have the same CPU and MOBO to this prebuilt that updating bios to the latest version fixed the issue exactly as I described I'm having. I have the latest bios version available from corsair since we can’t update bios from MSI directly. MSI bios update page shows Corsair is 3 updates behind, the latest improving Windows 11 compatibility. Since this PC shipped with Windows 11 pre-installed, I'm relatively confident this is the issue.

We are opining a ticket with corsair support, but open to trying an fixes suggested here as well. Thanks!

On 3/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, regpaq said:

I just got the vengeance a7200 pre built. everything seems to be working great but when trying to launch warzone from battle net, it crashes the whole pc. no error code or bsod.

I had read from several people on reddit that have the same CPU and MOBO to this prebuilt that updating bios to the latest version fixed the issue exactly as I described I'm having. I have the latest bios version available from corsair since we can’t update bios from MSI directly. MSI bios update page shows Corsair is 3 updates behind, the latest improving Windows 11 compatibility. Since this PC shipped with Windows 11 pre-installed, I'm relatively confident this is the issue.

We are opining a ticket with corsair support, but open to trying an fixes suggested here as well. Thanks!

Just received a prebuilt as well and have the same issue with Warzone. I tried downloading the latest BIOS (build 03/11/22 per download website) and my motherboard said I was already on the latest version (build date 04/2021).

Tried getting an update file from MSI like you said, and no dice.

Did Corsair support ever get back to you with a solution? Wonder if I can downgrade to Windows 10 to get around the issue.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, regpaq said:

Yo I'm also having these issues but with Elden Ring, really frustrating that we can't play some new games on our prebuilt due to these incompatibility issues with no way to fix it because of corsair locking us to their bios without keeping it up to date!

to update bios to fix those crashes go to the bios then don't click on m-flash on the bios instead on your keyboard press Ctrl + Alt + T then select enter to go into M-Flash Mode. After you're on the page make sure you connected the usb Flash drive with the latest bios from Corsair website combatable with your device or model you have. select the file in M-Flash mode then it'll update your bios. Games should work after that. Also, you make sure you extract the file then move it into your usb file to update the bios properly 

47 minutes ago, ggabir2 said:

to update bios to fix those crashes go to the bios then don't click on m-flash on the bios instead on your keyboard press Ctrl + Alt + T then select enter to go into M-Flash Mode. After you're on the page make sure you connected the usb Flash drive with the latest bios from Corsair website combatable with your device or model you have. select the file in M-Flash mode then it'll update your bios. Games should work after that. Also, you make sure you extract the file then move it into your usb file to update the bios properly 

oh wow, so far this is actually working! I thought that i had the latest bios, but it turns out the latest bios just wasn't showing up in m flash and the bios best buy shipped the computer with was the broke ass april 2021 version, thank you so much!

How’s the performance when running games? I think the performance is absolutely terrible because after I updated the bios and did my drivers I’m still getting packet loss with the games I’m playing. I’m looking into getting a new unlocked motherboard from MSI to have the latest drivers and updates so the system can run smoothly 

22 hours ago, ggabir2 said:

How’s the performance when running games? I think the performance is absolutely terrible because after I updated the bios and did my drivers I’m still getting packet loss with the games I’m playing. I’m looking into getting a new unlocked motherboard from MSI to have the latest drivers and updates so the system can run smoothly 

It's been pretty solid so far on mount and blade bannerlord and baldur's gate 3, there are some rare stutters in elden ring but just about everyone with a newer graphics card has been experiencing those from what i've seen on the PC forums for that game, aside from that it's been running fine, i'll get back to you if i have any abnormalities

5 hours ago, klorb said:

It's been pretty solid so far on mount and blade bannerlord and baldur's gate 3, there are some rare stutters in elden ring but just about everyone with a newer graphics card has been experiencing those from what i've seen on the PC forums for that game, aside from that it's been running fine, i'll get back to you if i have any abnormalities

Hey man so I was about to order the A7200 with 3060 ti r5 5600x pre built from Corsair and im scared now. Elden Ring is the whole reason im buying this oc to upgrade feom my 1660 ti laptop. Are you able to ay Elden Ring with this pc? Should I be concerned? Are you having any issues still and how is the pc overall? Do you feel good about it? Was it just updating the bios that fixed it? I want this pc so bad but now im worried im gonna have usb problems incompatibility with my favorite games like Elden Ring. Do you think ill be ok with this pc? Are ypu good now and can play ER? Thanks

45 minutes ago, Margit, Tarnished Lambhead said:

Hey man so I was about to order the A7200 with 3060 ti r5 5600x pre built from Corsair and im scared now. Elden Ring is the whole reason im buying this oc to upgrade feom my 1660 ti laptop. Are you able to ay Elden Ring with this pc? Should I be concerned? Are you having any issues still and how is the pc overall? Do you feel good about it? Was it just updating the bios that fixed it? I want this pc so bad but now im worried im gonna have usb problems incompatibility with my favorite games like Elden Ring. Do you think ill be ok with this pc? Are ypu good now and can play ER? Thanks

So far after updating my bios it's been pretty solid, a bunch of multiple hour play sessions with no concerning things happening. If something bad happens again i'll report on it, but updating the bios makes it seem to act normal. This isn't a problem specific to this PC though, a lot of people seem to have had this issue with the game with rtx 3000 series cards and the solution for most was an update to the bios, you can look up "elden ring restarts pc" to see a lot of reddit threads and stuff about the issue and the eventual finding of solutions. Aside from this issue which now seems to be solved it's a really good PC, runs cool and quiet and the case is good. Do plenty of research to decide if it's the right one for you though, as always.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:20 AM, ggabir2 said:

You are a f****** lifesaver!!! Thank you!!

Installing the latest BIOS update from Corsair's site using the method you described solved my issues. I can now launch Warzone and with no issues!

On 3/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, regpaq said:

Quoting your message so you can come back to this thread and see @ggabir2 's comment on how to fix the issue. It solved my issues with Warzone, it should fix yours as well. Let us know how it goes!

11 hours ago, klorb said:

So far after updating my bios it's been pretty solid, a bunch of multiple hour play sessions with no concerning things happening. If something bad happens again i'll report on it, but updating the bios makes it seem to act normal. This isn't a problem specific to this PC though, a lot of people seem to have had this issue with the game with rtx 3000 series cards and the solution for most was an update to the bios, you can look up "elden ring restarts pc" to see a lot of reddit threads and stuff about the issue and the eventual finding of solutions. Aside from this issue which now seems to be solved it's a really good PC, runs cool and quiet and the case is good. Do plenty of research to decide if it's the right one for you though, as always.

Ok that's good to hear. Ok im definitely set on this pc and I beleive it's the best pre built under $2k ive found and has exact parts im looking for and the right value. I also love the case and clean setup and liquid cooler. Even th psu isnt skimped on and I like the attention to detail. Also iQue looks real cool. Only thing bothering me about this pc is locked bios which seems to be giving alot of people grief from my research but im not super worried about it cuz I dont plan on tinkering with much. Just want my ram to run 3200 as advertised and control of fan profiles and power performance settings. I dont care for overclocking etc. But I just love everything about this pc overall so I can live with that 1 thing. Thanks for your help. Guess im gonna do a bios update first thing I do when I get it. Im gonna have to look up a tutorial.

• 8 months later...

Hi all, I'm trying to update my bios to resolve the usb issues but when I go into the m flash and select the file to update I get "For providing better BIOS functionality and quality, the system will not allow to restore BIOS with older version".

I don't understand why I am getting this issue even though I'm trying to update to a newer version. Very frustrated with how difficult this issue has been to resolve. Any links to the most current bios files? I went to the order history page selected my model and went to bios update and downloaded the file from there

Have: E7C56AZ1.c9 installed

E7C56AZ1.ACE is the version I want to install

Edited by emgula96

• 11 months later...

@emgula96

On 3/21/2022 at 2:20 AM, ggabir2 said:

This worked for me when just clicking on the MFLASH in the bios didn't work. I have no idea why, but it did.