Corsair Community

Memory >512Mb problems

Hi,

I recently purchased a 1 GByte TwinX Matched Memory Pair.

TWINX1024-3200C2 LOT# 0509093-1.

I have a SOYO P4VTP MB.

When playing World of Warcraft, after about 30 minutes I begin to get memory errors that crash the game and sometimes reboot my computer with no warning.

Once in this condition, memtst86 fails test #5 at > 512MB (usually starting around 600MB) consistently. No other tests fail.

This happens regardless of which modules I place in which slots. This never happens with only one 512MB module installed, only with both modules installed for a total of 1024MB of memory. The individual modules never fail memtst86 regardless of the slot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

• Corsair Employee
I would try the modules in another MB and or system. But chances are this is a MB/power issue or maybe a setting that you may have over looked. I would also suggest setting the Dim Voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 Volts and see if that helps.

I would try the modules in another MB and or system. But chances are this is a MB/power issue or maybe a setting that you may have over looked. I would also suggest setting the Dim Voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 Volts and see if that helps.

Using the SOYO HW Monitor I see DRAM Voltage at 2.56 Volts. I have no idea how to change that. How do I set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 or 2.8 Volts?

I am sorry as I have not seen a SO-YO MB in a long time, please ask the MB maker as they should be able to answer that question.

I have now had to revert back to my original 512MB DIMM (from a competitor) because even one Corsair module is unstable and fails. I contacted SOYO who indicate there is no way to set memory voltage level on this motherboard. I used your memory configurator and it recommended this kit but it, quite simply, does not work. The configurator even states that the voltage level is 2.5V on this mb:

----------------------------

Facts about this Motherboard

Three 184-pin DDR SDRAM 2.5V DIMM sockets support up to 3GB (DDR 266/333/400)

----------------------------

All I want (or ever wanted) was 1GB of RAM in on my SOYO SY-P4VTP motherboard. I don't care if it is two 512MB DIMMs or one 1GB DIMM, I just need something that works reliably and your product I have now does not.

I need you to recommend what I need to get 1GB of RAM, then RMA this kit that does not work and send me something that does.

Tom

• Corsair Employee

Tom,

I have no problem replacing the modules for you, but we can only replace for the same part# that you send in. I would see if a friend can help you test the modules in another system. And 2.65 Volts would be JEDEC spec for DDR400.

Archived