Corsair Community

Possible bad ram

I have a MSI 865PE Neo2 FISR (MS-6728 Ver 1.0) board and I had originally bought a Twinx XMS series pack that contained a matched pair of 512 400 mhz memory sticks. A year later i bought another set of xms matched pair 512 400 mhz sticks. Everything ran fine until yesterday. The system crashed and got stuck on system checks during reboot. I powered off the system and turned it back on and then the system could not get past its system checks and minotr would not even receive signal. Taking out the older pair of memory, i ran with the newer set succssfully in dula channel mode, but if i put in the old set, the system will not get into the system checks and the monitor will not turn on. Previous to this, i had been running with the full 2 gigs for about 4-5 months.

The older pair of matched memory sticks is

CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202V1.2

The newer pair of matched memory sticks is

CMX512-3200c2 XMS 3202V4.2

Any solutions to this or have the old set gone bad? :confused:

• Corsair Employee
Let's try replacing the modules, but I would not suggest running miss matched memory in any system. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

It should be:

The older pair of matched memory sticks is

CMX1024-3200C2 XMS3202V1.2

(originally banks 1 & 3)

The newer pair of matched memory sticks is

CMX1024-3200c2 XMS 3202V4.2

(orignally banks 2 & 4)

I am using matched pairs and know not to mix and match :bigeyes:

Due to issues with the older memory, i have switched to running with v4.2 memory in banks 1 & 3 and system is operational...if i put in the v1.2 memory into banks 2 & 4, the system will not boot and monitor will not even recieve video signal.

• Corsair Employee
By using Rev 1.2 and Rev 4.1 in the same system is mixing memory. But please send the RMA request and we will replace the older set. But we have no way to order the modules by Revision #, so you will just have too see what you get back.

Archived