Corsair Community

cmx512-3200c2 dual w/dfi nf4 issue

StephenC

I am trying to use two sticks of xms cmx512-3200c2 ver 5.1 Lot 0505054-0 for dual channel in a dfi nf4 ultra-d mobo. I have bios set to optimized default.

which have dram settings in bios genie set to auto. Here is my issue.

When I set the dram voltage to 2.6 and 2.7 my PC is stable but it locks up during memtest86 running test 8 with test 82% complete current subtest at 17% Pattern ffffffff-3 showing. At voltage settings of 2.8 and 2.9 I can run memtest86 forever with no errors, but cannot not boot to windows keeps bsod'ing loading profile. Oh yes, I have run memtest on each one at a time bios set to optimized default settings - 25 pass's each with no errors and no bsod's. So my guess is this is a timing setup issue. I am kind of new with manually setting up ram. (Not new to computer building and troubleshooting) I could use some help here. I have posted this issue at the dfi forum....but the most I could get was corsair and dfi-amd64 just don't get along And good luck.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

With this MB you should be using an ATX 2.0 Compliant PSU, and I would set the following settings and test the modules one at a time.

Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable!

Ok Setup as above with dim voltage to 2.7. Ran test 8 only and locked up.

Set dim voltage to 2.6 Ran test 8 - pass no errors. Then booted to windows and appears stable. I am currently running full memtest. 2 passes with no errors so far. I am going to run it for a few.

Thanks.

Ok...I had ran just 8 first because that the test memtest86 locked up on. I am currently running full test now 3 passes w/no errors. I am using the memtest v1.51 that is included in my mobo's bios.

Again thanks.

Archived