Corsair Community

H115i and socket AM4

Vegan

It seems that somebody did not look close at AMD brackets. Now way the piece of metal will screw on to AM2, AM3 or AM4.

So there needs to be a new bracket that maybe can leverage the AMD back plate and install the H115i and secure it that way. Some AMD fans are installed that way.

As it stands I am not able to use the H115i

I got it installed after battling these flippy screws, but I strongly recommend using the 4 post solution that most coolers use which are slightly easier to install.

The brute strength to force the clip into place is easily 4x harder than a conventional AM4 cooler such as the Wraith Prism.

CW-9060032-WW is the model I am using, I am aware that there are a lot of variants out there.

• Corsair Employee
I got it installed after battling these flippy screws, but I strongly recommend using the 4 post solution that most coolers use which are slightly easier to install.

The brute strength to force the clip into place is easily 4x harder than a conventional AM4 cooler such as the Wraith Prism.

CW-9060032-WW is the model I am using, I am aware that there are a lot of variants out there.

There should be no need to utilize any sort of force to get the eyelet screws around the clips. All you have to do is pre-thread the thumbscrew and the eyelet screw ever so slightly, slip the eyelet over the clips and simply tighten slowly with your fingers.

I found the thing flipped over on me several times, eventually some needle nose pliers got it attached so I could them tighten the screws to ensure a good pressure on the cooler

I still think the removing of the bracket and using the 4 post approach might be less of a headache.

• Corsair Employee
I found the thing flipped over on me several times, eventually some needle nose pliers got it attached so I could them tighten the screws to ensure a good pressure on the cooler

I still think the removing of the bracket and using the 4 post approach might be less of a headache.

The pump/CPU block and mounting for AM4 is small enough to hold and steady with a single hand while finger tightening the thumbscrews with the other hand.

The AMD Wraith Prism is a larger fan and I wonder if the ring on it would work with a piece of metal designed for your cooler to mount.

The Wraith Prism uses a latch to add pressure. It also is slightly hard to attach and remove, and again the pliers are handy to unhook the peg. Once its loose it's usually not hard to yank.

All I know is that the metal clips because they are not firm seem to not want stay put, i had to spend an inordinate amount of time installing it properly.

At least now I have it operating, see how long it lasts before my CPU overheating warning comes on that the cooler has dried up.