Corsair Community

RMA Request for CMX512-2700LLPT

System's been locking up randomly, especially if I run programs that hog RAM (like C.O.D:UO). Ran Memtest and it gave me some errors. Swapped out the Corsair for some left over generic 256 and everything runs, without crashes or Memtest errors. I've also swapped out various other components to rule them out of the equation, and am left with a stick of RAM that's nice to look at, but not good for much else. I should point out, it's only the one stick of RAM that seems faulty.

System Specs:

Soyo Dragon 2 kt880

AMD AthlonXP 2700

ATI Radeon 9500

2x 512GB Corsair XMS2700 @ 333MHz

30GB Quantum Fireball

160GB SATA something or other

+floppy and cd drives

Anything else you need to know?

Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X Volts and test the module with http://www.memtest.org and if you still get errors please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Tried as you suggested, ran memtest, and it gave me no errors. However, it still locks up and all that other super fun stuff. Anything else I can try before sending it in? Anything.. I'll try anything you would have suggested if I'd not done all of the stuff I've already done, short of catapulting my computer into the lake (which, in my mind, is a perfectly logical solution; I have the blueprints). :!:

Archived