Lot Number: 0319101

Mother Board settings that I used as in your FAQ section:

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Computer Specs that I used for testing are:

Motherboard: Asus P4C800 Delux BIOS version 1019

Video Card: ATI 9700 AIW Graphics Card with 128MB of ram

Processor: Intel P4c 2.8GHz Processor w/800mb FSB

Hard Drive: Wester Digital 120 gig. IDE

Power Supply: Antec TrueBlue480

Problem

I have 2 sticks of the same CMX512-3200LLPT ram running in dual channel and started to get blue screens after about a year or two of running with no problems.

Testing

So I ran Memtest86+ with both of my sticks of ram in dual channel and got 510 errors. Swapped the slots so they were no longer running dual channel and got the same results 510 errors in Memtest86+. Pulled both of the sticks of ram and replaced with a 512mb stick of generic DDR2700 ram, ran with no problems, ran Memtest86+ a few times with no errors. So I replaced the generic ram with one stick of the CMX512-3200LLPT ran Memtest86+ a few times again with no errors. Then I swapped the one stick of CMX512-3200LLPT with my other identical stick, ran Memtest86+ and got 151 errors after the first time through. I then moved this stick to another slot and tested it again with the same results 151 errors in Memtest86+ after one run though.

Conclusion

One stick of the CMX512-3200LLPT went bad.

I would assume that this post covers the evidence of contact with technical support needed for a RMA.

• Corsair Employee
Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and with this MB you will need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test. If you get errors with the suspect module please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived