Corsair Community

XMS4400 C25 + Abit IC7

Sorrento

I was wondering how high can the Abit IC7 motherboard run 1:1, because I just tried the XMS4400 C25 that I have on my DFI NF4 SLI-DR @ 305 x 8 on my other system, one with an Abit IC7, and the highest FSB I was able to reach more or less stable was just 270 mhz.

Is this some kind of issue with the 875P chipset in the Abit motherboard? I was just wondering. This because the OCZ Platinum Revision 2 on that motherboard reach 267 mhz 1:1, and the XMS4400 C25 can only reach 270? Seems odd.

I'm a bit puzzled with the question ? you reach higher FSB on the Abit with the Corsairs 270 against 267 for the I think you meant the OCZ 3200 rev2, what are the timings used to get that performance ? Also not all CPU's are great Oc'ers at 1:1. What voltage did you set ? Timings used,.... Bios mobo ?

What I meant is that I use the XMS4400 C25 on my DFI NF4 SLI-DR, while I use the OCZ Platinum Rev2 on my Abit IC7.

I can run these XMS4400 at 305 x 8 in the DFI with out any problems. The OCZ Platinum Rev2 can run in the Abit IC7 at 267 mhz, probably the max FSB they can reach. If I try the XMS4400 C25 in the Intel system, instead of the OCZ, I can only increase the FSB 3 mhz more, up to 270 mhz.

My question was if around 270 mhz was the max FSB an IC7 motherboard can handle. The Anandtech review said these reached 286 mhz on a 875P platform, so I wonder if this had something to do with the motherboard itself because the XMS4400 C25 can run higher than the OCZ Plat Rev2 on my DFI: 305+ mhz vs. 285 mhz. If this is on the DFI nF4, why can't I reach higher speeds on the IC7 as well, and not just 3 mhz more?

On the IC7 I am able to run a 2.4C @ 300 mhz at 3:2 CPU/RAM ratio, in other words the CPU isn't holding me back.

Whats the max 1:1 FSB on the ABIT IC7? Anyone???

Is it 270 mhz? 272? Anyone ran faster 1:1 with this board???

I am just wondering, RAM works perfect but can't get to run as DDR550 speed on that board.

Whats the max 1:1 FSB on the ABIT IC7? Anyone???

Is it 270 mhz? 272? Anyone ran faster 1:1 with this board???

I am just wondering, RAM works perfect but can't get to run as DDR550 speed on that board.

Those boards have a voltage regulation problem with the memory voltage. And, you are at about the exact same point where most of them stop, 265-272mhz. The only way to run faster is with a voltmod.

Mike.

The VTT issue? I knew it would come back at me and bite me... Well I just wanted to know, its not worth the effort to do a mod now.

Thanks for the information specmike, another friend with a similar setup was interested in knowing if he could ran 300 mhz 1:1... now the way around this would be to buy a faster CPU like a 3.0E and just run it 270 1:1 :D:

prescHott hehe

Well I helped build a system with a socket 478 3.0E revision D0, and with a simple thermalright SP94 we were able to reach 4.1 ghz with more or less stability, got a 29 seconds SuperPi 1M and around 6500 mb/s bandwith. This was with a diferent pair of the (hehe, this board blocks the other memory brand name) XXX Platinum Rev2 @ 267 mhz. I think it could reach higher fsb, but not with the Abit IC7 :(:

Archived