Corsair Community

Failed Memtest-CMX512-3200C2

please help!!! My stick is: XMS3200v1.2

I'm running an Abit IC7 board. This was the only memory in my machine when tested with memtest.

p4 Northwood at 2.8 Ghz - No overclock

I bought 2 sticks of this memory in 256mb to run dual channel and it works fine (although it shows as pc2700)

I tried putting the 512 stick in with them and it still causes problems...MAchine runs great with the bad 512 removed.

Suggestions?

Mikel

Can you tell me our modules complete part# and revision of all of your modules (How To Read the Memory Label?) In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

My 512 stick has the following numbers on it: CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2 0341043-3 XMS3200 512MB 400MHZ CL2

I'll check the others and bios settings in a bit.

Can you tell me our modules complete part# and revision of all of your modules (How To Read the Memory Label?) In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

OK Here is the info:

CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.2

0341043-3

XMS3200 512MB 400MHz CL2

BIOS SETTINGS:

• DDR SDRAM VOLTAGE 2.6V
  • DRAM RATIO: BY SPD
  • CAS LATENCY: 2.5
  • ACT TO PRECHARGE: 8
  • DRAM RAS# TO CAS# DELAY: 3
  • DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE: 3
  • GAME ACCELERATION: AUTO
  • REFRESH CYCLE TIME: AUTO
  • READ DELAY (tRD): AUTO
  • READ DELAY ADJUST (tRDA): AUTO
  • COMMAND PER CLOCK (CPC): AUTO

DDR SDRAM VOLTAGE: 2.6V

These settings work fine for my 2X256 sticks...but the 512 that fails memtest and causes windows problems is the one I'm most concerned with.

here are the #'s on my 256 modules that show as pc2700:

CMX256A-3200, XMS3200 V1.1, 022205-this is on both sticks

I run my processor at stock speeds...all default settings in bios 2.8Ghz P4 Northwood

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6 and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if you are trying to use all four modules with this system you may have to get a bigger PSU in-order to run with 4 modules and I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the timing to Cass 2.5-3-3-7.

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6 and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if you are trying to use all four modules with this system you may have to get a bigger PSU in-order to run with 4 modules and I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the timing to Cass 2.5-3-3-7.

the 512 was alone in the system when I got the bios info. I can not run any configuration with that stick installed (windows acts weird.) I have tested each stick of memory and the only one that fails is the 512 stick. My PSU is a Thermaltake 480watt unit. I will try again with the settings you suggest when I get home this weekend.

Thanks,

Mikel

p.s.: Ultimately I would like to buy another 512 stick to match the one I have (If I can get it to work) and run dual channel with those 2 sticks and my 2X256 sticks

Archived