Corsair Community

Possibly Bad RAM

Greets,

I've got myself two Corsair CMX512; it's the XMS3202v3.1. The two sticks (note it's two) have performed fine for a while, yet recently I began to experience bad memory issues with Windows, and then with a number of applications; mostly game applications like World of Warcraft & UT2004. I got the latest copy of memtest86 and ran the sticks through. The first time, it generated a number of memory errors, and then crashed part way through.

Following that, I went through the process of taking out one RAM stick at a time and testing them individually with memtest86. Both of them would crash memtest before it completed a complete test, but it would usually get to about 85% completed or so. Both of them generate some sectors that are bad.

The machine they are used in is a Icecube (http://www.fica.com/site/html/products/pc/detail.asp?cat_id=240000183&C_ID=240000816) system.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

hemos

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response - travelling for work.

Here's the information:

A. Part Numbers: Both are CMX512-3200C2PT

B. CPU: Intel 4, 3 Ghz

C. FSB 800 Mhz

D. For BIOS settings, I've left it on normal default sets; CAS is set to 3, DRAM is SPD. The bios is Phoenix Bios 6.00PG. The bios version is 1.09.

E. Mother board is the Springdale chipset: Intel 82865G + ICH5 chipsets

Hope that helps - let me know if you need more.

• Corsair Employee

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived