Corsair Community

Ironclaw Wireless RGB - Need to Replace Scroll Wheel

Hello.

This is my third Ironclaw Wireless RGB.

First two started double click problem. I sent to warranty and got new one. Anyway third one didn't make any double click issue yet but scroll wheel is got broken. I tryed to fix by myself but looks like on the mouse wheel its have really poor engineering. There is a little piece of Hexagon is broken inside which is makes your wheel not working. If i can get a new mouse wheel i can fix it but tryed to search but no luck so far.

Corsair would be nice if you guys send me a mouse wheel. Otherwise i have to replace this mouse. Price are too high on my country. Trying to buy something brand and got broken in 3 months. I love the Corsair products but you guys not helping at all.

EBP2xme.jpg

• Corsair Employee

That is unfortunate to hear that the mouse wheel has broken on you. We don't have replacement wheels available to send out as it would require disassembly of the mouse, but we can have the mouse replaced through our RMA service. Submit a ticket through the portal below, and one of our Tech Support agents can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

That is unfortunate to hear that the mouse wheel has broken on you. We don't have replacement wheels available to send out as it would require disassembly of the mouse, but we can have the mouse replaced through our RMA service. Submit a ticket through the portal below, and one of our Tech Support agents can help you out:

Really? how hard to just sell one part instead of replacing whole thing? too bad corsair too bad. Never gonna buy any stuff from you guys anymore.

• 3 months later...
Really? how hard to just sell one part instead of replacing whole thing? too bad corsair too bad. Never gonna buy any stuff from you guys anymore.

Same man. I have broken two separate scroll wheels on two completely different mice within 4 months. I don't see a problem with reinforcing the scroll wheels, it like the only thing that could break on them. Just making the hexagonal piece metal would solve all of the breakage issues.

The mice I broke the scroll wheels on are:

Corsair Ironclaw RGB

Corsair M65

I really don't want to send my mouse in, because then, well, I wouldn't have a mouse for a little bit.

• Corsair Employee
Same man. I have broken two separate scroll wheels on two completely different mice within 4 months. I don't see a problem with reinforcing the scroll wheels, it like the only thing that could break on them. Just making the hexagonal piece metal would solve all of the breakage issues.

The mice I broke the scroll wheels on are:

Corsair Ironclaw RGB

Corsair M65

I really don't want to send my mouse in, because then, well, I wouldn't have a mouse for a little bit.

We actually have an advanced RMA option where we can send a replacement to you first. I recommend putting in a support ticket on our website, and requesting this option.

Can you send me the Serial Number for both of the mice you have? Should be a 12 digit number. We've made enhancements which you shouldn't experience the same issue on those devices if you receive a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you send me the Serial Number for both of the mice you have? Should be a 12 digit number. We've made enhancements which you shouldn't experience the same issue on those devices if you receive a replacement.

I’m shopping for a new mouse. Of all the models with the specs I want that I have tried in stores, the Ironclaw is the best fit for my rather large hands… searching for reviews led me to this thread and many others like it.

Am I correct in assuming from your comment that the mouse wheel problem has been fixed at the manufacturing end of things and that a post-fix unit can be identified by its serial number? If so, can you share with us how to spot one made after the fix? (Assuming there’s something visible on the package we could check in a store.)

• 4 months later...
On 10/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, Schnibs said:

I just had my second Ironclaw scroll wheel break. Found this tread about looking for replacements. Corsair RMA'd the first one for me. Definitely feels like a defect.

i want to buy this mouse and keep looking for info and keep seeing about the mouse wheel defect. have been trying to search to see if a permanent fix has been issued. this post makes me feel like it has not. really not sure what i want to do about a new mouse now.

On 10/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, talexis said:

i want to buy this mouse and keep looking for info and keep seeing about the mouse wheel defect. have been trying to search to see if a permanent fix has been issued. this post makes me feel like it has not. really not sure what i want to do about a new mouse now.

Same here. We're still seeing reports of the same failure 6 months after Corsair Nick claimed they had "made enhancements" to prevent it. (If you're reading this Corsair Nick - what were those enhancements and how can we spot a unit that was made after the enhancements were implemented? Or did the enhancements not work?)

Without better assurances from Corsair than "we have an advanced RMA" I've pretty much given up on the Ironclaw as an option even though it is by far the best match for my large hands and my needs. I'm waiting for more news on the fragility of the new M65 wireless instead. If I didn't need a multi-button mouse that will talk to and be configurable under Windows and Macos I wouldn't be looking at a Corsair at all after this thread and the others like it.

Edited by Mister Dalliard